Michelin Pilot Sport Cup N+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with these tires? About to mount them on the M3 for a track event. Only heard raves about them but figured I ask for opinions on here.

I did on my 2008 M3.

Basically, stick to the tire pressures that Michelin advises - 32 front, 36 rear, hot, and don't overdrive them.

Also, the Michelin site says 32F-36R if you're tracking. For street use, it says to follow manufacturers PSI.

I was referring to the track event pressures. They tend to heat up a lot, so you have to watch the pressures carefully. I kept finding mine creeping up.

The "overdriving" comment is that they respond best to fast, smooth driving and the grip is awesome. They'll get greasy very quickly, though, if you try to brake at the last millisecond every corner and power slide on the way out.

Well they've been mounted and so far its been pretty painless. They DO tend to change temperatures very quickly causing all different types of air pressure. This was the first time I've gone with straight track tires and so far it has me worried for the street.

Anywho, they do grip pretty solid though I don't think I'd replace the set with another next time around. I just got a really good deal on them.

A set of Nitto NT-01's in 245/40x18 for the front and 275/35x18 for the rear (on OEM 18" rims) worked really well on my 2008 M3. Some M3's can handle the 275/35's on the front, but mine didn't work because they hit the inside of the fender liner. I liked the Michelins but not enough to want to keep running them - same as your view - good but not worth $2000 a set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back