Where can I find pure Xylene

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask what u intend to use it for ?

Here at work I have access to tons of it; infact I have to use it to clean the paint head every week.. lotsa full 50gallon drums around.

quote:

Originally posted by Rick:
Anyone?

Home Depot sells Xylene for $10 per gallon. They stopped selling Toluene because it was being used illegally in drug labs.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Neither my Home Dee-POT or sLowe's carry Toulene or Xylene anymore. Maybe a Washingtonian thing...

Must be, they sell it here in Houston... was there last week looking ...

I have heard that moth balls work too. Just make sure they are the old fashioned naphthalene based ones and not the newer chlorinated stuff. Try burning some before putting in the gas tank. Better yet, get a little on a copper wire and stick it in a gas flame. If it turns brilliant green, it has chlorine in it, and you don't want it.

quote:

Neither my Home Dee-POT or sLowe's carry Toulene or Xylene anymore. Maybe a Washingtonian thing...

Availability might vary locally.

In Washington you can get 92 octane at the pump (unlike here in CA). So why would you need Xylene?

quote:

Originally posted by MRC01:

quote:

Originally posted by Rick:
Anyone?

Home Depot sells Xylene for $10 per gallon. They stopped selling Toluene because it was being used illegally in drug labs.

Gee, Toluene, just what I want in my drugs
wink.gif
You should be able to find Xylene at about any hardware or paint store.

quote:

In Washington you can get 92 octane at the pump (unlike here in CA). So why would you need Xylene?

Old turbos (no knock sensor) with upped boost, 92 is hardly adequate. I have used Xylene a few times and found it to be quite nice.

quote:

quote:

Old turbos (no knock sensor) with upped boost, 92 is hardly adequate. I have used Xylene a few times and found it to be quite nice.

Makes sense. I use Xylene myself. Out here in CA, my Panoz Roadster's Ford Cobra V-8 pings on 91 octane so I mix in Xylene in a 1:15 ratio to get 92.5 octane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back