Collinite Product or Duragloss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I jst did the car with Megs cleaner wax 6. What Duragloss
or Collinite should I use to top it off? The car is out in
the hot sun all the time so I need something durable. Thanks

Collinite 845IW and call it a day. I like using that stuff on cars parked outside all the time in Chicago.

I like the Collinite products. I'd use it 476 or the 845, both can be layered and offer great protection from the elements.

I use both products. After claying I use Duragloss 501, which has cleans and nano-abrasives to remove oxidation and some swirling, and then I apply Collinite 845. If you were going to top with a Duragloss product and then choose one that is not an all-in-one.

I've used Duragloss #101 and #105 and I've had good results from both.

But, they're really bad at staining black trim and I can't seem to find an easy way to remove the white stains.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666

But, they're really bad at staining black trim and I can't seem to find an easy way to remove the white stains.

Try creamy peanut butter, I read somewhere that it works, I tried it, and it does. HTH

I'm in Phoenix and I use Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. It's a wax not a sealant, but it was developed in Florida and holds up well to the sun.

No issues using Colinite 845 and getting it on your black trim, it simply doesn't show.

I've never used DG 101 nor 105 just 501 but I've had no issues with trim being stained.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vintage
Collinite 845IW and call it a day. I like using that stuff on cars parked outside all the time in Chicago.

And in Boston too. Great stuff

I've been using 845,but I finally ran out of my bottle of it. I'm going to try Duragloss 601/105 next. I have the products I just haven't had the time to try them next.

I love Duragloss. I just tried the 253 tire shine,and I love it. I may buy a gallon of it!

I got around to using Duragloss 601\105 today,and I'm very impressed. It's all that and more. There's no better bang for the buck than Duragloss. Now if it will just last like it's supposed to. It's a breeze to apply anyway.

I didn't have to do a full polish and clay like I should've,but it worked great anyway. My applicator pad was freshly washed,and the 105 was pulling stuff out of the paint to the extent that the pad turned almost gray in color.

This is some good stuff.

I use 845 on my wheels and 476 on my paint and plastic and then use a carrnuba wax was a topper - looks great and the 476 foundation lasts a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back