AutoRX cleaning phase almost done. Can I flush with Gunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a quick question.

I'm almost done with 1st application 1500-mile cleaning phase of AutoRx.

I got SuperTech for the rinse phase. Since it is only about 2000 miles hope is it ok?

When changing oil for rinse phase, can I go ahead and use Gunk Engine Flush to clean it while doing oil+filter change? Or am I better of just doing regular oil change?

Thanks.

What kind of car? Proven nasty sludge?

I generally say stick with the app instructions, however I have written a super duper flushing method that involves a flush phase with Amsoil engine flush for cars that really do need a galley solvent flush.

Thanks. I think I'm doing as per instruction.

But, it never mention whether I can or cannot flush.

In the past I flush my engine once in a while during oil change.

Gunk is one of those things that you pour 5 minutes before oil change, idle 5 minutes and dump thingy.

Supposed to make all the old oil came out of engine clean?

I don't know. I think I will stick to the traditional way from the sound of it.

Pablo: It is a 92 Eclipse, Manual, 1.8L SOHC. 190K miles. Never been neglected. Regularly maintained and been driven a lot.

Still, it smokes and leaks/burns oil bad in the past.

All has been greatly reduced after over 1000 miles of AutoRX. Extremely happy so far.

That's why I was thinking about making the engine oil draining better/cleaner by using an oil-change flush -- Gunk, I got at Walmart.

I was afraid it might interfere/decrease the effectiveness of AutoRX rinse phase.

May be a bad idea? Thanks.

Pablo:

Oh, I've never opened my engine up before. So, I don't know about sludge.

But, for all oil changes I've done (I do 90% of my oil change myself), the oil that comes out is usually dirt free, but just dark-colored.

Does it sound like I have sludge? I really don't know. Thanks.

Thanks Pablo.

Frank emailed me right after posting and told me as well. I will follow as said.

Thanks Frank. Thanks everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back