'95 8.3 Cummins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to go longer now that they agree'd. I'll go the rest of the season and change it before winter sets in.

shouldn't you be able to do like 15,000 mile oci on that engine? How much oil does that engine hold?

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
shouldn't you be able to do like 15,000 mile oci on that engine? How much oil does that engine hold?

6 gallons.

I would suggest a 2 year OCI since it looks like you drive it only ~6-8000 miles/year.
Also just on general principles get the TBN checked next time.

Charlie

We dont drive it quite as much once the snow flies. Think you would let it sit all winter with old oil in it?

"TBN"??

Originally Posted By: opus
We dont drive it quite as much once the snow flies. Think you would let it sit all winter with old oil in it?

"TBN"??

Yes I'd let it sit with old oil, just start it warm it up (drive 10 miles or so) once a month. You've proven the oil is barely used when you drain it.
TBN = total base number.

Charlie

Originally Posted By: m37charlie

Yes I'd let it sit with old oil, just start it warm it up (drive 10 miles or so) once a month. You've proven the oil is barely used when you drain it.
TBN = total base number.

Charlie

I tend to do that every couple weeks. Good, now all we need is winter....PLEASE!

Originally Posted By: m37charlie
Originally Posted By: opus

"TBN"??

TBN = total base number.

Charlie
Where is the TBN I think is what the person meant to say. ALWAYS get TBN or TAN.

While the oil looks fine you have no real idea of how much longer the oil can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back