Fuel power - how much does it really affect mileage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about buying some fuel power for my 4.0 jeep engine...but only if I think it's going to help my mileage enough to pay for itself. Do you guys think it will? Has anybody tried it and NOT got any kind of increase?

ZmOz, just a quick response....keep in mind improved gas mileage will depend on many factors with your own vehicle. FP can help increase energy in your fuel by helping it to burn more efficiently. To get the best results we cannot stress enough on using in conjunction with LC.

Also, remember you are doing more for your engine by using these products than just potentially increasing mileage.

ZmOz

I asked Odis (the vendor of Fuel Power & Lube Control) that same question. Using his numbers, I figured that the consumption savings would be about equal to the cost of FP including the shipping. FP may have other advantages that I didn't factor in. He really needs a West Coast distributor to reduce the shipping cost for those of us in the west.

Ken

quote:

Originally posted by Ken2:
He really needs a West Coast distributor to reduce the shipping cost for those of us in the west.

Yeah...that would be good. I guess it only works out to about 5c/gallon of gas. Is it at all possible that it could lower my mileage?

ZmOz
I have been waiting to get a longer run with FC but, i'm now getting about 24.5 mpg hwy and 21.5 city.Before, I was getting 22 hwy and 18-19 city. However I am also about 1500 mi into RX rinse (2 treatments) cycle. Have been using Molabrew w outlaw. I can't tell you whats caused increase in milage but it is definately better. I've had this car for 16 mos and the milage has always been the before numbers consistently. My car only has 87,000 mi. 86 Acura Legend V-6

I've seen a 1~2 MPG increase over the past several thousand miles of use. Uncontrolled and unscientific but can't attribute the increase to anything else. Nice benefit, but I purchased FP primarily as a fuel system cleaner. For that it works extremely well.

lcd is probably right about differences in vehicles and conditions. I have been using FP/LC in my vehicles over the last 6000 miles, and have experienced no consistant increase in mileage.
frown.gif

I have experienced anywere from 1% to 7 % mpg increases, depending on vehicle.

My Suburban and Pathfinder seem to benfit most from FP, while the Frontier PU seems to benefit least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back