Denny Hamlin came to my job yesterday!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denny Hamlin came to where I work yesterday. We are his major. I got to take a pic with him and got an autographed mini helmet. What a great day!!!

Nice very cool!! Denny is not on my list of drivers I like, but still cool none the less. Gotta show respect to someone that made it to the top of their field.

He grew up racing on the track literally 1 mile away from my home. My dad was an elementary school principal and had Denny in school. Yet I have never even seen him, lol. He lives in NC most of the year now.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Raaizn-you a FedEx employee? Must be cool to meet any Nextel/Sprint Cup driver!

Yep, great place to work

Denny took a heck of a shot today at Pocono thanks to the brain dead Jimmy Johnson.

Note to NASCAR knuckleheads: A Brickyard 400 win does NOT equal an Indy 500 win.

Last edited:
I think the field is deeper in the Brickyard 400 than it is in the Indy 500.

An Indy 500 win now doesn't equal a CART-era Indy 500 win.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
I think the field is deeper in the Brickyard 400 than it is in the Indy 500.

An Indy 500 win now doesn't equal a CART-era Indy 500 win.

Agreed, and nothing come close to an F1 win.
Toyota spent something like 6-8 billion dollars trying to win an FI race but gave up unsucessfully.

Anyone with a few million bucks can put together an Indy Car team and go racing with a reasonable chance of winning. It's a one make series with three spec' engine choices. Hire a couple of top flight drivers and some good experienced car set-up staff
and you'll win.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
A_Harman said:
Toyota spent something like 6-8 billion dollars trying to win an FI race but gave up unsucessfully.

Yes, and I for one could NOT be happier to have seen the Nippon Giant fail!
lol.gif

(I only wish that they would have wasted 1000X more coin than they did!
smile.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back