Put LC in the 1996 Volvo 855 (warning, bland post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned yesterday that when I bought my gallon of FP, I bought a gallon of LC as well. To be frank, or rather, Paul, I didn't really want to use the LC (sorry). I don't want to put it in the 245 as I'm evaluating 15W-40's in that test platform. (Of course I've been ecstatic about FP in that car)

I put FP in the 855 initially, the first time I put it in the 245. To be honest, it made zero difference in the 855 - that car has a MUCH more sophisticated ECU system, and no turbo. The car has gone through an AutoRx cycle and is VERY clean inside the valve cover.

So yesterday AM when the cooking wasn't in full bore, I went out and topped up the oil with LC, and the gas with FP. (Oil is Amsoil 10W-40 with about 3000 miles on it)

I'm leaving for China tomorrow, but I'll have the wife record the MPG. Other than that, I don't think there is much to think until the UOA
dunno.gif

One thing notice after 1 month+ of LC in the 855 -the oil has darkened considerably. I find this interesting because the car has been on synthetic oil for a long time AND I just finished an AutoRx treatment (cams, etc looked VERY clean).

Just an observation - the oil isn't black dark, just darker than "normal" and probably meaningless . Analysis this spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back