Beer Can Chicken!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the grill as I type this. Pics in a bit. Rubbed under the skin with a butter/rub mixture and massaged the skin outside with the same. Dusted with Kosher salt. Melted a bit of butter and soy sauce together with a dash of lemon juice and basted at the 1 hour mark. Beer is a half can of Budweiser. The other half was poured in the bottom of the pan I placed the bird in.

Sounds awesome! Pics or it didn't happen
wink.gif

I usually carve an onion to fit the neck hole, stuff it in there good and you get this great soft roasted onion for a side dish.

jeff

I've never heard a complaint on beer can chicken, aside from those who tried it with a full can and made a mess.

You can't beat a roasted chicken for a cheap tasty meal. Leftovers (if you have them) are awesome too. I usually stuff a bit of celery and onion in the cavity to keep things moist and oven roast. Good eats.

Joel

Last edited:
Local meat market has whole fryers on sale for .79/lb. I bought another to do tonite. Should get a few more before the sale ends too.

IMG_20120730_171154.jpg

tonight's dinner. Rinsed and dried with paper towel. Massaged it with olive oil and rubbed it with Kosher salt and tex/mex seasoning and sprinkled on some rosemary. Can was half full of Coke zero as all my beer was in glass bottles today. Corked the neck with a sweet potato wedge and put a couple onion halves on the pan. It was freakin' delicious...

"Nope. Not funny at all." "Expect a PM from me" "Where do you live? Address please" "Could have been one of my relatives"
img1220a.jpg

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Local meat market has whole fryers on sale for .79/lb. I bought another to do tonite. Should get a few more before the sale ends too.

Can't beat that! I'd throw 2-3 more in the freezer.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back