2013 Nissan Pathfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preview of New Pathfinder

I have to say the only thing I like on the exterior of this new Pathfinder is the headlights, chrome on the front and the Nissan badge. The rest of the vehicle looks like no less than a dozen other SUV's on the market now-a-days....just nothing stimulating. The Pathfinder is just another SUV going the way of the unibody. It has some nice interior features but I wouldn't be a buyer due to it's bland exterior.

How many crossover SUVs does the market need? CAFE standards are going to thin the herd shortly.

That is one ugly interior IMHO, no harmony whatsoever between the materials used, colors and shapes of air ducts vents . And the headlights look like the Kia Sorento

Originally Posted By: AlienBug
90% of SUV owners really need to accept reality and get a minivan.

Not sure why, the fuel mileage is not significantly better.

Looks wise, I like it and it will probably sell, but I wish they made something more like the 1st and 2nd gen Pathfinders.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Maxima wagon?

Maxima isn't a bad car so that's not necessarily a diss...

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Looks wise, I like it and it will probably sell, but I wish they made something more like the 1st and 2nd gen Pathfinders.

My brother has a 2nd gen now with 220,000 miles/10 years. A trouble free vehicle with hiccups due to neglect since 150k(basic oil changes and fix what breaks).

They put premium and get an absymal 16MPG with their 2nd gen. the MPG is impressive on this new one at least for the type of vehicle.

Or a large car...

Today, I saw a rear ending on i95 between a newer wrangler and maxima. The maxima was hit high off the rear bumper and was completely mangled while the wrangler looked completely unfazed. Clarkson said it best, SUVs are like nuclear weapons. If one person has one then for protection, so must everyone else

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Maxima wagon?

Maxima isn't a bad car so that's not necessarily a diss...

And a diss it was not meant to be.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

Or a large car...

We've had both (a minivan and a car) and the SUV platform works well for us. In fact, we went from TWO minivans to an SUV as the family vehicle, and then I went from a small car, to a larger car, to an SUV as my daily driver as well. Our main family vehicle is much more capable than our minivan in terms of going off-road to a picnic site, as far faster than our minivan, handles far better, and returns the same mileage. It even has 3 rows so it's not significantly smaller either. In fact, I'll bet it weighs more.

I used to be in that camp when we had our minivans. "Look at all these people in SUVs, denying that they really need a minivan." After going from a soft-handling minivan to a much better driving SUV, we don't go back. In fact, not much in the minivan market interests me, regardless of how they drive. They've gotten too big for their own good and don't really excite me styling-wise.

And a car...you can't put anything in the trunk! I can toss the mower and weed wacker in the back of my little SUV and go mow a yard. Don't even have to fold the handles. I carry bags of mulch back there all the time. I'm sure it could be done in a sedan, but it'd be much more difficult, and for little reason. My SUV handles better than the car I traded in for it and gets near the same MPG also.

I actually like that new Pathfinder. Give me a choice between it and a Quest and you can guess which Path I'll take.

I gotta say, I think it looks good.
I have always liked Nissan SUV's especially the Xterra. I just don't want to go bankrupt trying to fill the tank on them, so I've never owned one
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back