Anyone try Mopar CCC? (and a ? about seafoam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mopar makes a Combustion Chamber Cleaner (CCC) that i heard is similar to Seafoam. I sprayed it in the throttle body til the can was empty, shut the Jeep off, let it sit for 40 min, then started it up.... revved it to 3K-4K rpms and watched the white cloud form behind my Jeep (only to move toward the front of my car and choke me since i had the windows down), then drove it really hard. It drives alot better now. Where could I find Seafoam? My dad wants me to try this on his Windstar.

I used the Mopar can on my old Ford Tempo. Didn't seem to do much with regards to performance, but it did blow some choking black smoke.

Next time i use it, i'll try to save more for the last "soak". I didn't have too much left for that part.

ferb!

I was thinking the Mopar CCC was best for piston soaking... Ie spray into each cylinder via spark plug hole, let it soak over night. Crank it w/o the plugs to get all the crap out, and off you go...

I used it a couple times on a turbo Talon that I had- both injecting it at idle and also putting it into the sparkplug holes and allowing it to sit overnight. The stuff that comes out is really unbelievable!

I think Seafoam is often available at your FLAPS

Robert

quote:

Originally posted by Leo:
I was thinking the Mopar CCC was best for piston soaking... Ie spray into each cylinder via spark plug hole, let it soak over night. Crank it w/o the plugs to get all the crap out, and off you go...

You can use it both ways. I used the search and the member Jeepzj posted the instructions from a Jeep forum I'm on. I want to use it on our Windstar. It could use a good cleaning!

Seafoam is available at pretty much all Napa stores, and it had about the same effect on my Jeep.

quote:

Originally posted by JeepZJ4.0:

quote:

Originally posted by Leo:
I was thinking the Mopar CCC was best for piston soaking... Ie spray into each cylinder via spark plug hole, let it soak over night. Crank it w/o the plugs to get all the **** out, and off you go...

You can use it both ways. I used the search and the member Jeepzj posted the instructions from a Jeep forum I'm on. I want to use it on our Windstar. It could use a good cleaning!

Yep, that's me. My member name is EricZJ from the JU forum. I posted the Mopar CCC instructions on the JU forum a while ago. Thanks for pointng that out. As stated, you can do it both ways. If you suffer from pinging I would do all the steps in my post(through the throttle body and then the spark plug holes). Follow the instructions to the "T" and you should be good to go. I did it to mine probably 15K miles ago because I suffered from pinging on hill climbs. Still no pinging 15K miles later. Here's the link:

http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=180595&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

My dad took my Jeep today. I wanted him to see if he wanted me to do the same on his Windstar. He was gone for 2 hours when he was supposed to go home from my sister's bball game. I finished the whole thing off with Lucas UCL. Its cheaper and has worked great in this ZJ. I don't know what pinging feels/sounds like. But it has always revved ok to redline.

Eric, do you think Mopar CCC will work ok in a Ford Windstar? Your instructions work great. You should add that it will clear a football field of mosquitos.

[ November 24, 2003, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: JeepZJ4.0 ]

Jeep, CCC can be used on any internal combustion engine. So yes, it should work fine on your Ford Windstar. I know, don't you love all that white smoke. When I did it the first time I thought that maybe my neighbors would call the fire dept. Good luck.

You have a leaky rear main seal? So do I but it's a very slight leak. I'm using Auto-rx right now to try and stop it....500 miles into my rinse cycle so far.

Cool.... we'll do this right after we repair the main rear seal, transmission lines and u joints in the ZJ..... how convienient.... I can't use my Havoline Synthetic until they fix the rear seal leak and I need an oil change in 276 miles (gotta love the VIC). I just checked and I am 1/4 low. I know it doesn't burn oil...As I drive the Jeep, it feels better. That CCC/Lucas UCL makes it drive soo well. It's like a whole new ZJ.

Mine barely leaks too..... i mean 1/4 - 1/8 of a quart over 3K miles. Good thing I have that larger filter setup. It's enough to have my dad say, its ur car for college, i'm getting it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back