Auto-Rx User Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's apparent he followed the application instructions; excellent results. Great user report on Auto-Rx!

pecan2phat

USA
1 Posts
Posted - 10/18/2003 : 6:43:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been reading about ARX on the bobistheoilguy forum for awhile and decided to try it out on my 1990 Acura Legend with 123k miles. It has leaks in the rear cam seal and a little bit on the s-rack and auto tranny. I also had a steady check oil level sensor light come on. My application was introduced prior to the revised instructions so my initial drain came @ 750 miles. Approx. @ the same time my check oil level light became intermitant instead of steady. About 100 miles into the rinse cycle, the check oil level light went away and from a visual inspection from the oil filler cap showed some shiney aluminum instead of sludge. I'm about 500 miles into the rinse cycle and will extend it to the new recommended 2000 mile rinse. I was truly amazed at the results that I have gained the confidence to add the 6oz. to my ATF and 2oz. to my PS fluid. So far ARX has saved me hundreds of $ from dropping the oil pan in order to replaced the fouled oil level sensor. Hopefully it'll also save me $660 for a rebuilt rack since my mechanic said the only fix for a leaking rack is replacement.

A quick update on my AutoRX experinces. I've talked about the cleaning of the abused 98 Beetle, but want to update everyone on the performance of my truck.

The truck (2001 F150, 72K miles, 4.2L v6) has had regular oil changes every 4-5K with either Royal Purple, Quaker State Synthetic, or Mobil 1. I ran 5w-30 dino for first 8K miles then switched to the synthetics. With the relatively clean oil that would drain, I suspected that this engine was super clean. I decided to run and ARX treatment anyway to see if it would clean anything else and besides I got that 3 bottle deal. Now I'm about 700 miles into it and, WOW - what a difference. I guess I didn't break this truck in right, because it is really starting to run strong. I drove it like an old lady for the first 10k miles, and I think I probably gummed up the rings. Now that the rings are cleaning out, the power is really there. I've been chirping the tires when pulling out into traffic and acceleration is on par with a V8. Very happy with the results so far.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back