Leather Seats at the beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you with leather seats, how do you protect them at the beach? Slightly damp bathing suits with salt water, or sunscreen oil. Do you just use towels? Are there inexpensive seat covers that you slip over? Or do you not drive that car there?

Neoprene seat covers are waterproof, but will cost at least a couple hundred for a cheaper set.

Cheap slip on covers might absorb some of the water, but aren't thick and would need to be washed each time. I don't know of any cheap waterproof or resistant covers.

I'd just use towels. They will absorb more water and are easier to throw in the wash.

We use beach towels all the time. Leather in good condition can withstand all of that stuff and it won't soak into the material like on cloth. But towels still keep the cleaning AFTER the trip to a bare minimum.

If you live at the beach, neoprene. If you're just visiting, towels.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
If you live at the beach, neoprene. If you're just visiting, towels.

Absolutely!

I put a towel on my seats, both leather or cloth. Have always done this. Also when I'm done riding (sweaty/muddy)

Towel is always the best temporary solution!

Our 01 Town and Country still has almost perfect leather and we have made tons of beach/pool trips with it. Always use a towel, but they sometimes get a little wet. They can handle it just fine.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
We use beach towels all the time. Leather in good condition can withstand all of that stuff and it won't soak into the material like on cloth. But towels still keep the cleaning AFTER the trip to a bare minimum.

x2. My parents go to the beach very often during the summer. My dad uses towels on the seats, and the leather in his M-Benz GL450 looks brand new still. He did the same with his '99 Grand Cherokee and the leather seats were still in great shape when he sold it with 180k on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back