Silly hypocrisy in refrigerants...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: mechtech2
I heard more than once that the R12 switch was when some of Duponts Patents ran out.

And how about having your car serviced only by certified pros, when you can blow R134a in the air all you want with a hand held air horn?

FWIW, that's HFC 134, not HFC 134a.

Isomeric difference...

Just to top off the stupidy of the envior nazis the new freon which I think is called hfc1234y is highly explosive!

That's what's so stupid...the HC refrigerants were banned due to flammability, ammonia due to toxicity, under guidance from the CFC patent holders, then the "new" patented replacements are getting more flammable, and more toxic.

Agreed. This nonsense is too much for me to bear. I googled "HFO-1234yf" and find the name "DuPont" associated with it. To me this smells of legalized gangster-ization of the mobile a/c industry by DuPont.

Looks like its time to stock up cans of r134a.

SAMs club has the big containers, but I'm pretty sure you need an EPA license to buy the big ones.

With all of our Country`s other (MUCH MORE IMPORTANT) things to be worried about. I.E Roadway`s, bridge`s, electrical grid and so on, and so on. Why in the world does our government worry about such petty [censored] such as FREON!!!??

Our govt is not worried, but the manufacturers are. They plan ahead, as anyone can see who looks beyond the obvious here.

They are working towards a goal for sure. Companies like Dupont are accustomed to getting things their way.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Our govt is not worried, but the manufacturers are. They plan ahead, as anyone can see who looks beyond the obvious here.

They are working towards a goal for sure. Companies like Dupont are accustomed to getting things their way.

Yup, you are sure right about that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back