Walmart and Federal ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at my loacal Walmart this morning and I saw that they now have 100 rnd packs of Federal in 45ACP for only $25.97. That is SUPER CHEAP!! Not sure if this stuff was mismarked or what, bought two packs. It's currently cheaper than the 100 rnd packs Federal 40 S&W by a few bucks. My local walmarts have been carrying the 100 rnd packs of Federal in 9mm ($19.97) and 40 ($27.97) for a while but the 45's are new to these stores.
Maybe some of you guys have seen these already, what do your Walmarts charge?

Last edited:
My Walmart had 45 acp 50rd Winchester fmj on clearance for 15/box. And I thought that was good lol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: volk06
My Walmart had 45 acp 50rd Winchester fmj on clearance for 15/box. And I thought that was good lol.

Yeah, $15 for a box of 50 45ACP is a good deal too but at $13 a box it's like they're giving it away. Haven't seen 45 this cheap in years! Might have to go get more before they add about $10 to the price.

Thanks for the tip. I'm thinking about making a special trip today just to check out our closest one.

Federal and Winchester, only way to go.

I am not a big fan of Remington ammo, always found it very dirty to shoot, corroded cases, "wiggly" bullet head seating, bumped up shells and dented lead and scratched jackets. Shoddy ammo.

You want real quality? CCI. Very consistent ammo.

The "white box" Winchester ammo sucks. I find it dirty, more so than my surplus 7.62x54R, quite a few misfires and it's not that accurate. The old grey box was awesome.

Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
The "white box" Winchester ammo sucks. I find it dirty

Honestly I've never really noticed one ammo being a ton dirtier than another. I shoot pretty much all brands. If I take some guns out to shoot, they get dirty and I clean them as soon as I get home (what fun!). Put a 150 rounds of any ammo through one semi-auto pistol and it's gonna be caked with grime no matter what you used.

I used to always make the mistake of taking almost all my handguns to the range and spending hours shooting, the end result would be a few hours of cleaning which I would hate. Now it's just 3-4 that go with me to the range. Make things much easier when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back