Ceratec / Motor Protect durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just wondering if anyone had used Liquimoly MotorProtect or Ceratec for long run and can testify how long the smooth effect will last ?
Did anyone also put that on new engine too ?
Thank you for sharing.

I'm using it in my Grand Marquis. In normal conditions, it's supposed to last 50,000 km. Under extreme conditions, it's supposed to last 30,000 km. But on recommendation of the R&D Manager at Liqui-Moly, I use Cera Tec at every oil change.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
I'm using it in my Grand Marquis. In normal conditions, it's supposed to last 50,000 km. Under extreme conditions, it's supposed to last 30,000 km. But on recommendation of the R&D Manager at Liqui-Moly, I use Cera Tec at every oil change.

Is there any reason for the recommendation ? Does the car burns oil ?
Thank you

Nope, no oil burning problems. The recommendation was based on getting the best level of protection out of the product under severe duty conditions. From the R&D Manager's email:

Quote:
Cera Tec is a combination from Boronnitride and Friction Modifier so is more effective then MoS2 Additive. The best result you have if you use it every oil change.

I run their PAO based Synthoil High Tech 5W-40, and I'm either idling in stop and go traffic at 122 degrees for 4-5 light cycles or driving down the highway at 100+ MPH. Although highway driving is a lot easier on the car, city driving isn't and I want the best level of protection possible.

I did use both LM MoS2 and Ceratec in previous car, they both smooth your engine if it did vibrate. UOA showed boost in Boron and Moly after adding Ceratec. Does it worth $30?, don't think so. Moly does plate to friction parts for a while, depends on dose and other factors for how long. I think MoS2 can is better choice.

Originally Posted By: MBS500
I did use both LM MoS2 and Ceratec in previous car, they both smooth your engine if it did vibrate. UOA showed boost in Boron and Moly after adding Ceratec. Does it worth $30?, don't think so. Moly does plate to friction parts for a while, depends on dose and other factors for how long. I think MoS2 can is better choice.

I use Liqui Moly products and got a very good UOA from their High Tech Synthoil 5/40, but I am still investigating the Ceretec story, does anyone know of any UOA results before and after using this additive? I was surprised it contained Moly for some reason and the LM customer service chap in Germany said it is better with one of their synthetic oils than adding the normal Moly can.

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
I am just wondering if anyone had used Liquimoly MotorProtect or Ceratec for long run and can testify how long the smooth effect will last ?
Did anyone also put that on new engine too ?
Thank you for sharing.

I used Ceratec for 12.000 KM (one entire interval). The solid antiwear (hexagonal boron nitride) go away from the engine with the oil change (and this is for sure). Instead the protective extra film stay approximately for 50.000 km, but as the LM state.

Regular Lubro Moly additive of course has moly, but also a very healthy dose of Boron, which is often overlooked when discussing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back