07 pete C-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the last few samples for the C-7. About 1700 hours on the oil. Delo 400 LE 15w40. Bypass filtration. Make-up oil added.

4_pete_12_1.jpg

Excellent status. Everything is very commendable.

Load still in service? It should be; very viable still. Extend that OCI!

Curious - what bypass filter system?

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Excellent status. Everything is very commendable.

Load still in service? It should be; very viable still. Extend that OCI!

Curious - what bypass filter system?

The load is still and will stay in service until it needs to be changed out.
As far as the bypass that unit has a kleenoil system on it.

I had a salesman come by last week and give me a packet on another bypass system that was very large and bulky. It looked like it would be very messy and complicated to manage. Even though I already have bypass systems on everything in the fleet minus the pick-ups it is still interesting to see what folks are coming up with and the prices they charge for the system.

I see zero reason to deviate from your current course; these results are very reassuring of your program. Why mess with success if the wear is this good and you can meet/beat the ROI?

Seems too high to me; I wonder if that's supposed to be "33.0"? They report their results for Cu in tenths. Perhaps the decimal is missing?
It's moot because the actual Cu ppm count in the UOAs is VERY low.

The TBN got a nice little shot from the top-offs.

I see this load being able to go much further. Probably the Fe, Silicon or perhaps even Al might trigger an OCI, but it's way too early to tell for sure. All that is known for sure is that the wear rates are very low for a 1700 hour exposure, and many more hours are left in the load.

Last edited:
Excellent results.

What is your bypass filter replacement interval? Do you ever change the full-flow filters between complete oil changes?

How much make up oil is required when servicing the filter(s)?

Originally Posted By: Rob_Roy

What is your bypass filter replacement interval? Do you ever change the full-flow filters between complete oil changes?

The bypass cartridge at @ 500 hours.

Full-flow at the time of oil change.

Originally Posted By: Rob_Roy

How much make up oil is required when servicing the filter(s)?

Make-up is @ >1/2 gallon every 200-250 hours so far. The bypass is set up to pressurize the oil from the canister back into the sump during cartridge changes so make-up oil may or may not happen at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back