Additive to stop rear main seal from leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1990 Jeep Cherokee with the 4 liter inline 6 engine. It's got 98,000 miles on it and I think the rear main seal is starting to leak. (it's dripping from somewhere in that area) It's not that bad of a leak, the only reason I even care is because it's making a mark on my driveway. Are there any products I can try that might actually stop this from leaking?

quote:

Originally posted by ZmOz:
I have a 1990 Jeep Cherokee with the 4 liter inline 6 engine. It's got 98,000 miles on it and I think the rear main seal is starting to leak. (it's dripping from somewhere in that area) It's not that bad of a leak, the only reason I even care is because it's making a mark on my driveway. Are there any products I can try that might actually stop this from leaking?

I combination with your other post as to what is the best oil for you...you should clean up the inside of your engine with a treatment or 2 of Auto_RX first....the ARX will help to swell the seal and clean the junk out of the engine .

quote:

Originally posted by ZmOz:
I have a 1990 Jeep Cherokee with the 4 liter inline 6 engine. It's got 98,000 miles on it and I think the rear main seal is starting to leak. (it's dripping from somewhere in that area) *-*-*-

Find out for sure and then fix it: 1. when the wear get too great, or when 2. it leaks too much for you to stand.
Sound to me like you are at 2.
Fix the leak. Band-aids all have to come off sometime!

By next summer I plan on getting a rebuilt and stroked engine in there...so I'm not going to be doing any major jobs to this thing. Like I said, it doesn't leak very much and doesn't really bother me except having to keep cardboard under it on my driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back