Titanium oil additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a Titanium additive in the market like liqui-moly? Maybe liqui-[censored]? Lol. But seriously the question still remains.

Dude, if it exists and isn't too expensive, I want some! I could definitely see buying a half dozen liqui-tity bottles just to hang them on the christmas tree this year.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Nothing like some titanium grit to remove things like pesky cylinder hone patterns.

The additive that is used in oils today is
titanium dioxide, nothing to do with the element you are thinking of.

Honestly the titanium "hype" has just begun...I.e. too new :S LOL so nobody likely has an additive on the market to add titanium to the oil yet Hehe

and here is titanium dioxide nanoparticles
:drool:

titanium-dioxide-nanoparticles-liquid-solvent-based.jpg

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Nothing like some titanium grit to remove things like pesky cylinder hone patterns.

The additive that is used in oils today is
titanium dioxide, nothing to do with the element you are thinking of.

It isn't even titanium dioxide; it is titanium dithiocarbamate according to molekule. Solid vs. Soluble.

It now appears the Titanium is an oil soluble form of Titanium isopropoxide, another anti-oxidant and AW.

Last edited:
I don't have any first hand experience with this compound, but it seems it would be very unstable in the presence of water.

Molecule (or anyone else), do you know why this compound doesn't react with water to form TiO2?

Clearly I am off base, but I would have never guessed an isopropoxide would be stable in an engine. Are other metal isopropoxides (Zr or Al) useful in oils or is Titanium unique?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back