First problem with Discount Tire Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the last set of tires I bought, Discount Tire Direct listed a Goodyear rebate on my invoice. So, I filed for the rebate.

Goodyear sent me a letter and said "no".

So.... why would DTD list a rebate on my invoice, which I wasn't eligible for? Come on guys, get your act together.

I'm going to call DTD on Monday and ask them if they are aware that they dropped the ball on this one. I'm a little disappointed.

every company has issues.. its how they address the issue and fix or ignore it thats what makes a good or bad company.

I had an issue with DTD and they fixed it and ate about 50$.

Goodyear said the tires did not qualify for the rebate, and ended it at that. They refused the rebate request.

So... DTD will need to explain to me as to why someone within their organization thought that they did.

And I'm betting that I'll get the same type of customer-no-service response that I got from Exxon/Mobil... that led me to smash my Speedpass fobs with a hammer on the garage floor.

Maybe DTD will prove me wrong... but I just don't see them doing anything about it.

Go talk to them, But, I suggest you don't go in with an Attitude!

I have had very good service from Discount tire in the past, I'd like to believe they will make it right for you.

But for me, if a customer comes on with an attitude, without first giving me a second chance to make things right, I will often write them off as a lost cause.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Goodyear said the tires did not qualify for the rebate, and ended it at that. They refused the rebate request.

So... DTD will need to explain to me as to why someone within their organization thought that they did.

And I'm betting that I'll get the same type of customer-no-service response that I got from Exxon/Mobil... that led me to smash my Speedpass fobs with a hammer on the garage floor.

Maybe DTD will prove me wrong... but I just don't see them doing anything about it.

As I recall, you are the gent who bought original-version Comfort Tred tires for your dad's van. Is that right? Note that the GY rebate applied to the newer Touring version of ACT but not to the original version, per the list of eligible tires at the GY site. I actually thought of this when I read your post, but did not say anything in case I was wrong.

I don't know how DTD listed the rebate, but it's a GY thing, so I'm not sure DTD can or will do much about it.

However, I hope I am wrong. Good luck.

Right on the DTD invoice, it states:

"1 - $40, 60, 80 REBATE GDY/DUN 03/31/12 - 05/31/12"

And that was the rebate that was being offered at the time.

-First, when you keep saying "Goodyear" denied you, are you sure it wasn't from a company that Goodyear hired to handle the rebate? That's usually how it works.

-Second, either find the form online or in your paperwork and see what it says, that should determine who is right and who is wrong.

Those rebates were on select tires and regular comfortreds weren't a part of that rebate. DTD might not have realised that since there are very few models of the original comfortreds still available.

I'm thinking they may have to "call it in", but I can't see why they will not give ya a check for the correct amount..

If the referenced purchased GY tire was not one included in the GY/DL rebate, then to avoid any confusion, DTD should follow the generic GY/DN rebate notice with,....see GY or DTD promotion site for specific rebate details and exclusions. I suppose though, as the rebate for submission lists all tires included, DTD may have thought that not necessary.

If the referenced tires are included, imo DTD will do their best to make it right. Below find the GY specific rebate for that time frame listing all included tires.

http://www.discounttire.com/goodyearDunlopMar12Rebate.pdf

Originally Posted By: sayjac
If the referenced purchased GY tire was not one included in the GY/DL rebate, then to avoid any confusion, DTD should follow the generic GY/DN rebate notice with,....see GY or DTD promotion site for specific rebate details and exclusions. I suppose though, as the rebate for submission lists all tires included, DTD may have thought that not necessary.

If the referenced tires are included, imo DTD will do their best to make it right. Below find the GY specific rebate for that time frame listing all included tires.

http://www.discounttire.com/goodyearDunlopMar12Rebate.pdf

+1 If you can prove DTD misled you into a sale by using a rebate form that did not apply to the tire it was next to, its on DTD.

Just to clarify my previous post, the way I interpret the first post is the OP saw the invoice after purchase of the tires, and saw a rebate may have been applicable. That being the case, it would seem a buyer afterthought rather than any kind of deliberate DTD sale subterfuge.

Fwiw, I've never had any issue with a DT rebate which have always been easily filed online, and returned in a timely manner. That said, when it comes to any rebate, ime the devil is in the details and this is a GY manufacturer rebate.

As soon as DTD gets back to me... I'll let you know.

I faxed off the paperwork, waiting for them to research it and respond.

^^ So the tires you purchased during that rebate period are included in the listing on the rebate linked on the previous page?

According to TR there is a GY Assurance ComfortTred Touring, and a GY Assurance ComfortTred, different tires.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
If it didn't apply to a rebate, why have it on the invoice.

Thank you. You said it in fewer words than I could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back