Negative Pressure Supercharging

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Vacuum Supercharging or "heaps more suction" may be easier to understand by the average laymen"

confused2.gif

Only available for the Chrysler 318 and Hemi 6. That's a pretty complex site, with lots of info - but it's only words. Easier to make words than an actual product.

I like SVT - Synchronised Valve Timing. NPS won't work without SVT.

Originally Posted By: expat

Hot Air Induction housing??

I though cool air had higher density?

So goes the theory. There's an alternative theory I remember from the '80s called the Hot Vapor engine. Smokey Yunick, a famous NASCAR guy and hot-rodder came up with it. It was a heated induction system and a cam. Sounds pretty similar to this.

It's nothing like Smokey's stuff (I'm a big fan and researcher of his patents).

Smokey Yunick is my hero. A true innovator.

Who remembers him leaving NASCAR after the fights with Bill France?

Or his famous 68 Trans Am Camaro?

I am a HUGE fan of this guy, and he is a real icon of creative thinking like no one else in racing.

That's nothing new. It's all about designing the engine to pull the next exhaust cycle out. Scavenging.

And I'm the biggest Smokey fan; heck I built a '66 Chevelle themed after his famous Chevelle.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jim 5
Originally Posted By: expat

Hot Air Induction housing??

I though cool air had higher density?

So goes the theory. There's an alternative theory I remember from the '80s called the Hot Vapor engine. Smokey Yunick, a famous NASCAR guy and hot-rodder came up with it. It was a heated induction system and a cam. Sounds pretty similar to this.

Yes, I have read about this. But it seems beyond the scope of what these guy offer.
Anyone have some good Smokey Yunick Hot Vapour links?

Ricardo also worked with something along those lines, a Two stroke , stratified charge, very lean mixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back