New favorite product: Sonax Dashboard Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I threw this into an order of wheel cleaner since it was on sale. I've had good luck with Sonax in the past, too.

Gotta say this product is outstanding. It does not require agitation, doesn't smell funny, doesn't leave behind any residue. It has proven to be quite effective on "highly soiled" areas such as the door handles, as well as on things like the dashboard itself that get dirty very gradually. The textured plastics cleaned up really easily...no scrubbing necessary.

I was amazed at how much grime came out of what appeared to be clean plastic. I suspect this would also work well on exterior plastic trim panels.

Highly recommend the stuff. My previous favorite interior cleaner was Einszett Cockpit Premium and Deep Cleaner; good products but I find the Sonax to be just as effective with less effort.

sonax_dashboard_cleaner1.jpg

I will defiantly have to give it a try next time I order detailing supplies online, but another really great cheap interior plastic cleaner you can get anywhere is Meg's natural shine.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much is it?

I have been buying P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner for about $15/gal and it is the best stuff I have used. Great cleaning performance, but it leaves a nice matte finish behind.

Sonax makes excellent products, I've been using this as well. Makes plastics and vinyl literally look brand new!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Sonax makes excellent products, I've been using this as well. Makes plastics and vinyl literally look brand new!
thumbsup2.gif

So it will fix the crack in the dashboard that all Dodge Rams seem to develop?

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
thumbsup2.gif

So it will fix the crack in the dashboard that all Dodge Rams seem to develop?

It'll make those cracks look like it came from the factory like that!

Originally Posted By: The Critic
How much is it?

I have been buying P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner for about $15/gal and it is the best stuff I have used. Great cleaning performance, but it leaves a nice matte finish behind.

About $10 for 200mL, which appears to be enough to last me a long time.

Any danger of dark dashboards losing color with this product?

I wonder how this followed by Einszett cockpit premium (not a true cleaner, IMO, more of a dressing/protectant) would look like...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Any danger of dark dashboards losing color with this product?

I wonder how this followed by Einszett cockpit premium (not a true cleaner, IMO, more of a dressing/protectant) would look like...

Why would they lose their color? I would still follow it up with 303 or some other protectant.

Does it have any UV protection or is strictly a cleaner. I use 300 on my interior for mainly UV protection after cleaning.

BTW, Blue Magic makes a vinyl and leather cleaner that seems to do a good job. It is available everywhere.

Originally Posted By: Russell
Does it have any UV protection or is strictly a cleaner. I use 300 on my interior for mainly UV protection after cleaning.

BTW, Blue Magic makes a vinyl and leather cleaner that seems to do a good job. It is available everywhere.

Thats what I was wondering also. I like Surf City Dash Away not only for the cleaning ability but for the uv protection.

I really like the Blue Magic cleaner also. Great stuff. I even use it on my shoes. On the bottle it says it can be used on luggage and furniture.

Anyone think about finishing with Einzett rubber and vinyl protectant for UV, versus 303 or lexol, etc.?

can you use windex to clean it and the dashboard? Will it scratch it up? my other older car's is already scratched and I don't want to do this to the new 2015 rogue, so what should I use? Protectant by armor all? Pledge? Windex? I usually use windex to clean lots of stuff, speaking of windex, can you use windex UNDER THE HOOD to clean your engine or should you use something like greased lightning or purple power and is greased lighting ok to use on cars (exterior, wheels, etc?)

can windex be used? joy? Can you use a regular cloth or should you use a microfiber cloth, and what about using a duster? And is it ok to use rustoleum never wet (auto) to spray on the dashboard or navigation screen other interior components or is that only for the seats? The dealer sprayed a layer of it when it was new but it's been half a year now of ownership. Do you get a 2nd free oil change or is it only the first one and are future oil changes at a discounted price or are they at normal price, and the 1st free oil change they gave was CONVENTIONAL oil rather than synthetic, right?

How many times have you put this same post up?

Did you ever figure out what oil filter to use from a few months ago?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: engineer20
can you use windex to clean it and the dashboard? Will it scratch it up? my other older car's is already scratched and I don't want to do this to the new 2015 rogue, so what should I use? Protectant by armor all? Pledge? Windex? I usually use windex to clean lots of stuff, speaking of windex, can you use windex UNDER THE HOOD to clean your engine or should you use something like greased lightning or purple power and is greased lighting ok to use on cars (exterior, wheels, etc?)

can windex be used? joy? Can you use a regular cloth or should you use a microfiber cloth, and what about using a duster? And is it ok to use rustoleum never wet (auto) to spray on the dashboard or navigation screen other interior components or is that only for the seats? The dealer sprayed a layer of it when it was new but it's been half a year now of ownership. Do you get a 2nd free oil change or is it only the first one and are future oil changes at a discounted price or are they at normal price, and the 1st free oil change they gave was CONVENTIONAL oil rather than synthetic, right?

That sound was my head exploding, again.

Originally Posted By: dparm

Highly recommend the stuff. My previous favorite interior cleaner was Einszett Cockpit Premium and Deep Cleaner; good products but I find the Sonax to be just as effective with less effort.

I might try this. Thanks for the review.

I think this is more of a CLEANER, whereas 1Z Cockpit Premium is more of a dressing / protectant, so I am not sure how much they can be compared.
Seems to me that using the Sonax to clean, then the 1Z CP to protect/dress would be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back