final thoughts/questions before Auto Rx....

Status
Not open for further replies.
After much thought/research, I've decided to use Auto Rx on my 97 T-bird with 87,000 miles(currently consumes Pennz.HM 10-30 at 1/2 qt/2,600m), and have a few questions:(Main reason to do Auto Rx: switched directly without flush from Dino to full syn. at 82,000m, and started above consumption)

1) when changing oil after clean/rinse cycles, is it really important to let the oil darin for a very long time?
2) I'm planning to add Auto Rx at next oil change with probably Dino Motorcraft/chevron 10-30(for both clean/rinse phases); are these oils ok to use with Auto-Rx? are there any special brands which work better?
3) going to do clean cycle for 1000 miles,and rinse for 2000 miles; using Motorcraft FL-820S filters and above oils; plan sound OK? any mistakes?
4) Not yet decided on the oil after rinse...if I get good results, probably GC 0w-30 or Chevron or Pennzoil HM 10-30.
Thanks so much for all the advice ao far, and in advance for answers to the above....

1) Normal draining time.
2) Any dino.
3) Follow the directions.
4) These oils are all good.

The increased oil consumption when you changed to full syn is common and only lasts a short time. Any oil with a premium detergent package will remove deposits left by the old oil that were providing some sealing. Within one to three oil change intervals the new premium oil will provide it's own seal and your consumption will return to normal. Auto-Rx will do an even better job.

Ken

I would run the ARX with dino, for maximum benefit for seal leaks. Run the first 1500 miles on the dino, before adding the ARX. Then run the last 1500 miles with a full bottle of ARX. You might as well get the most mileage out of the oil fill as you can. Drain and replace filter and run one more fill of dino for its life. Then run what ever you like. This seems to work best for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back