1997 Ford Ranger PCV valve location??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm was looking to change out the PCV valve and do a few other things on my ranger this weekend. It has the 2.3L engine in it. Can anyone give a description to help me locate the valve? I spent some time last night looking for it but came up with nothing, and the haynes manual is no help on this.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help!

Last edited:
Ford moved the PCV valve around on the Lima a couple times, it's not really in an obvious spot.

My 2.5L Lima had the PCV valve mounted on a small canister thing below the intake manifold. You will see a rubber hose going down between the intake runners and the PCV valve is at the end. It's a little tight, but you should be able to get to it without tools though you might have to unplug an injector wire or spark plug wire for clearance.

It may also be between two pieces of hose. If you follow the hoses coming off of the valve cover and intake manifold you will find it.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Try google 1997 Ford Ranger PCV Valve location.

And first choice therangerstation w/ pics should help you out.

Bingo! Thank you, I tried doing some searches but must have been too descriptive in my search and didn't come across that exact thread.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back