What are the disadvantages of primo??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can be the disadvantages of running premium (93) fuel in a car designed for 87 octane except extra cost? Can it actually run WORSE? or does the EEC get messed up? How can it affect performance negatively? does premium cause more carbon-build up?

I've been running 93 oct. 0n my 86,000 mile T-bird (4.6L v8) 'cause it felt a little stronger(imagination?) than with 87, and I've just done a carbon-cleaning, and changed to new plugs/wires....I'm thinking of going back to 89 or 87....Any ideas/comments/advice would be very welcome.
Thanks.

Using 93 in an 87 octane car will cause carbon build up. At least it did with my town car(I used 93 for a long time).Running 89 right now with some f2-21 H2Oil and different spark plugs. Still pings a little on the high revs.So, get back to 87 or 89 as soon as possible!Yes, the car will run better on 93 if there's carbon in there.Try H2OIL,Neutra,Techron,and BG44K.The sooner the better.Get the gunk out using these and slowly move down in octane and then stay there and use neutra or Lucas with every tank.That keeps your car running good with 87 or 89.

Some engines, and some brands of gasoline, will cause an accumulation of deposits in the combustion chamber no matter what.

I believe that the only drawback of unnecessary high octane gasoline is the cost. The advantage is...
dunno.gif

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back