Kroger possibly meets Top Tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to: Top Tier , Turkey Hill Minit Markets meet Top Tier gasoline standards. I looked into the place and found that it is owned by Kroger . Do any of you know whether or not Kroger meets Top Tier standards but is being categorized as Turkey Hill on the Top Tier website?

Originally Posted By: RamFan
According to: Top Tier , Turkey Hill Minit Markets meet Top Tier gasoline standards. I looked into the place and found that it is owned by Kroger . Do any of you know whether or not Kroger meets Top Tier standards but is being categorized as Turkey Hill on the Top Tier website?

Good question. I have wondered the same thing. I think it would be worth contacting Kroger corporate for a definitive answer. I'll drop 'em an e-mail and let you know what they say.

P.S.: I've submitted the question.

Last edited:
I'm curious, too.

Locally, they have a partnership with Shell (a top tier brand AFAIK) for discounts of $.03-10/gallon. But I don't know if it's Shell gasoline or not. If so, if top tier, I'll use it more.

I contacted Turkey Hill about a year ago and spoke to their sales manger about their gasoline. They buy it from Sunoco'refinery but add almost 4 times the detergent that Sunoco does. And generally their prices are the same or lower than Sunoco in the Lancaster, PA area where we lived at the time.

My real question for him was why they don't advertise that they are Top Tier. He said it is really not an issue for most people, they don't know what it means and they do it because it is "the right thing to do."

Yeah, but the question is whether it's only Turkey Hill that sells Top Tier fuel, or if Kroger offers it at their facilities operating under different names.

Does the fact that Shell's are teamed up with Kroger for the '10 cent' discount per gallon deal mean anything in relation to this? That is if you shop at Kroger that Shell will give you the fuel discount too, anyway. Not bad if you want V-Power 93 octane.
thumbsup2.gif

This has been my question for a long time now. I have a F4L close to my house with a fuel station, and I been wondering. If Ralph's get there gas from Shell, shouldn't Kroger use it to?

we have a jay-c grocery store (owned by kroger, has numerous kroger branded products) and sells gas, ive seen a shell truck in there dumping fuel

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Does the fact that Shell's are teamed up with Kroger for the '10 cent' discount per gallon deal mean anything in relation to this? That is if you shop at Kroger that Shell will give you the fuel discount too, anyway. Not bad if you want V-Power 93 octane.
thumbsup2.gif

This is exactly what I am wondering as well. The way I see it is that Shell has nothing to lose from teaming up with Kroger if they in fact are the supplier for Kroger for these two reasons:

A) If a Kroger shopper goes to Shell to get gas for the 10 cent discount then Shell gets the money from the consumer.

B) If a Kroger consumer goes to Kroger for the 10 cent discount then Shell will get the money from Kroger, since Kroger will continue to purchase Shell in order to supply a demand from their consumers.

Alright, here is my e-mail to Kroger, and the response I got this morning...

Originally Posted By: rshunter
I have noticed that Kroger's Turkey Hill Minit Markets are listed as "Top Tier" gasoline retailers. I was wondering if this "Top Tier" rating is applicable only to Turkey Hill, or is true of all, or some, of the Kroger fuel stations.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: The Kroger Co.
Thank you for contacting The Kroger Co. We appreciate your inquiry regarding our fuel. The Top Tier rate is Company wide. If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again for your inquiry and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Dorothy Bushman
Consumer Affairs

There you go folks, straight from those in the know...

Alright, here is my e-mail to Kroger, and the response I got this morning...

I have noticed that Kroger's Turkey Hill Minit Markets are listed as "Top Tier" gasoline retailers. I was wondering if this "Top Tier" rating is applicable only to Turkey Hill, or is true of all, or some, of the Kroger fuel stations.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: The Kroger Co.
Thank you for contacting The Kroger Co. We appreciate your inquiry regarding our fuel. The Top Tier rate is Company wide. If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again for your inquiry and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Dorothy Bushman
Consumer Affairs

There you go folks, straight from those in the know...

Awesome! Thank you for looking into this.

i told my friend about turkey hill gas, he tried in his Road King Harley, he said it ran very well, maybe a little cooler engine and pulled well at lower RPM, this is a former ducati dealer an novice racer, a very sharp tech guy

Turkey Hill is no longer on the Top Tier list. Has not been for several months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back