Difference between Maxlife and Durablend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durablend : one of the thinnest oil one will find in that grade , has no moly , strong sodium add pack for detergency

Maxlife : on the thicker side of the spectrum usually, has loads of moly , seal conditioners , one of my fav of all the Valvoline offerings.

BTW Durablend is going away, from here on out shortly , there will only be Maxlife.

Yep.
Durablend looks a little thinner as compared to Maxlife, assuming that the Valvoline Product Data Sheets I've looked at are of comparable accuracy.
Maxlife has some moly, while Durablend has none.
I added a quart of Durablend to my BMW 2.5K into its current run of Maxlife NG, mainly because I had some DB 10W-40 in quarts, and I figured it was a very similar oil.

Loving the MaxLife.Oil is very clean colored,still "thick" on the stick,and not leaking a bit (there was a slight pan gasket leak).I will be using MaxLife Syn Blend 10W30 from now on.

I'm very happy with Maxlife 10W-40 in the BMW.
Leaks have basically gone away, as they did with M1 15W-50, and oil consumption is a record low 2.5K/qt.
Fuel economy has averaged 32.5 mpg on Maxlife 10W-40, which also pleases me.
I'll UOA this run of Maxlife NG when it hits 4K around the end of this month.

Gonna try this next time around in the crown vic I guess.The HM Mobil 1 burns off faster then the Mobil 5000 we were using earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back