Mobil 1 no longer factory fill for SRT8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was picking up my new 300 last week I took a look at the new SRT8 with the 392 Hemi. The last generation SRT8 had a prominent "Mobil 1" oil cap. On the new ones, the oil cap just says "5w-40 Synthetic." Wonder if the factory fill is Shell like for the other Chrysler engines?

2010-chrysler-300c-srt8-61-liter-hemi-v-8-engine-photo-360952-s-1280x782.jpg

2012-Chrysler-SRT8-Models-Engine.jpg

Its kinda interesting to know the factory fills for stuff. It would be cool to know some off shore factory fills. I wonder why they if the PU FF is true, and im not doubting you but why wouldnt they use PP? it would be a just fine oil to use for there short OCI that you have to abide by. And it would save them money and I know they are down with that.

Just curious why cause most oils are fine for most cars. as long as the specs and weights are fine. Like my car for example, it needs a SM and a 5-30. Nothing else makes a difference. But Some cars need certail specs like the MB's. and i understand that but I guess its all about the $.

That engine is sweet. Nice drive by wire and most likely electric power steering pump. I like that stuff. I like it on my car. How long have struts been out and they still cant make a strut tower pretty.

Last edited:
Seems like Mobil isnt paying in like they used to in order to get their name out there.Normally when someone openly advertises for another brand its due to money changing hands.I guess sorta like Carroll Shelby and ZMax.

When I spoke to shell a while ago they said ultra was factory full for SRT8 stuff. My brother works for Chrysler and they have ultra in the big drums and that they put that in the SRT stuff.

Originally Posted By: Cooker
....and Ultra is what is being advertised at the dealer with banners and handouts.

If they are handing out 5 QT jugs, I am in!!

Wonder why they`re not following the W20 herd? Guess some high performance cars are sticking their noses up at CAFE (SRT8,GTR,GT500,etc) :^)

Last edited:
This is due to the Fiat thing. Before Chrysler was purchased by Fiat, they had an agreement with XOM. Fiat has an agreement with SOPUS. SO now Chrysler has been switched.

Comically, up here, my Chrysler dealer still only stocks Mobil products. I guess they didn't get the memo
grin.gif

SRT8's have been spec'd for 40w since 05. They use 20w in the 5.7 motors.

Curiously, the 6.4 is based on the 5.7, where the 6.1 was a purpose built product with a specific agenda.

Originally Posted By: Scum_Frog
[color:#CC0000]Mobil 1 or Pennzoil......it's all good stuff!

Thats right, you cant go wrong with either. What the!!? ^^^^
eek.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Doen't Fiat love Agip ??

Chrysler switched from XOM to Shell for factory and service fill before Mercedes pulled out, largely because of the existing and long-standing relationship between Mercedes and Shell in Europe. Cerberus continued the contract with Shell and it appears Fiat has too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back