Aral SuperTronic 0W40 vs Mobil 1 ESP 0W40 (dexos2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I have been using Aral SuperTronic 0W40 for a few years now and it's been OKAY. I am not into doing any lab tests and such but never had problems with either oil consumption or engine problems so I guess it's performing ok.

I have been tempted to switch to Mobil 1 ESP 0W40 (dexos2) as I read on some german forums that diesel mileage is improved a bit over Aral oil.
Could anyone comment on this? Aral is fully synthetic oil. Mobil 1 seems to be hydrocracked, it says SHC Synthese Technology on it.

Thank you!!!

Aral was at one time associated with Mobil. Many of their oils were re bottled Mobil product, now they are BP since 02 and have also used Veba lubes for decades. i believe Veba supplies their dino and HC line so the 0w40 is probably re bottled Edge 0w40.
Both are outstanding oils i wouldn't say one or the other is "better".

I don't believe fuel economy would be much better if any at all with the Mobil as both are the same weight.

My info is from an Aral Tankstelle owner and distributor a few year ago.

Alright, I am gonna try Mobil 1 then if that is the case. I used Aral SuperTronic 0W-40 in this car since I bought it. Just thought I would try something else and see if anything is different. No idea why :)

Thank you for help!

ARAL is owned by BP and their oil is not from Mobil, I would guess it is from a mix of BP oils like Super Visco 5000 which is a real good 5/40 synthetic.
If you are in Germany why don't you do what the Germans do and use their no 1 oil, which is Liqui Moly and one real good one that I use is Synthoil High Tech 5/40. The other good oil which is more expensive is Castrol Edge, the rest are harder to find or not so good. Manetec 5/40 a HC synthetic is also quite good and cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back