2008 G37 Tire Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garak, please let me know how these tires perform for you. I've just added a 335i to the stable next to the G. This has eliminated the all season rubber for next winter. This means I either don't travel when it snows or if it snows while traveling, I will extend my stay.

The G will be the Most likely candidate for all season tires because the 050A feel like bricks at any temp below about 15C.

Thanks!

I'll be getting an alignment for sure, Critic. That's been my SOP every time I installed new tires for years.

And Coprolite, I shall let you know how I like them. I didn't mind the OEM Dunlops, though they seemed, at least in my estimation, to have a rather hard compound for an all season tire without any great tread life. They're not totally worn out, but at my comfort level for replacement, and that's under 70000 km.

Well, got them put on today. I don't have much meaningful to say, since there's less than ten miles on them, which means I haven't driven much, nor are they anywhere even remotely broken in. They're rather quiet, in my view so far, with a different noise over the bumps than the original Dunlops. Obviously, having a massive amount of tread left helps. The ride is very nice so far, too. The only place they seemed abnormally noisy was on rough, aged concrete. That may dissipate with time.

Yes, Critic, I got the alignment, too.
wink.gif
I have a feeling I'm going to be happy with them. My driving style certainly does not warrant a dedicated summer performance tire, so I get all the benefits of an all season touring tire, without experiencing much in the way of the inherent drawbacks.

One word of advice.

Hopefully you've done so, but I now always road force balance on any more expensive tire, or on any vehicle where I want spot-on steering. Best to find out about any radial pull before the tire ever reaches the vehicle, and the alignment (and warranty) dance begins.

The extra cost is cheaper than the headaches from identifying a bad tire. Been there, done that.

Well, I'm not sure about their equipment. One would assume that an Infiniti dealership with otherwise state of the art facilities would have up to date balancing equipment. One never knows, though.

All seems well, but we know how that can turn out.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back