fuel injection cleaner overdose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there such a thing as an overdose? can you actually harm anything by putting three bottles of technron within 3k miles? anyone have a clue here. I haven't done anything like that, but I have an erratic idle that is buggin me. I was told by some that it could be a faulty fuel injector, fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, dirty idle air control valve, or a hose cracked. I was thinking..hmm..let's dump a ton of technron.
grin.gif
thoughts?

Citehumor,

As with any additive, whether fuel or oil, the additive concentration only does so much up to a treat rate called "saturation." In other words, beyond the recommended dose, no gains are achieved. However, one could change the chemistry of the fuel such that it starts attacking components because the solvents are in such a high concentration.

Spark energy, cylinder balance, and fuel delivery all affect idle smoothness. Check those items out before you "overdose."

Good Luck!

I would imagine if there is some particularly bad buildup, and it got hit with a dose of the liquid in a very high concentration, it could loosen the whole mass, and send it through the system...
Other than that, the only problems I can forsee are wasted $$$ and the fact that a lot of the fuel system cleaners are corrosive...

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back