What are the disadvantages of using Engine Flush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like AutoRX is the only thing recommended here. What's the problem with regular engine flushes?

I haven't found any problems with any of the OTC engine flushes when the directions are followed.

So, I guess that the only problem with engine flushes is that people need to learn how to read (directions).

Pablo's link is fair and balanced and factual .The disadvantages of using a flush are to numerous to mention, please click on Pablo's link. Auto-Rx is not a flush.

[ July 21, 2003, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Frank ]

Pablo basically recommends to follow a Auto-RX treatment with an Amsoil flush.

Is the Amsoil flush, at that point, beneficial? I notice that the oil filter and oil must be changed prior to the flush - does this mean one should have a spare filter / oil aside for this (that will effectively be replaced)?

So - don't do it if the engine is just partially scungy? Actually, I have no clue what the engine is like. It runs a little hard, only has 70,000 miles on it, the engine bay area was horrible dusty and dirty, and the car has been taken to Jiffy Lube for 3,000 interval oil changes...

quote:

Originally posted by dwmcqueen:
Pablo basically recommends to follow a Auto-RX treatment with an Amsoil flush.

Is the Amsoil flush, at that point, beneficial? I notice that the oil filter and oil must be changed prior to the flush - does this mean one should have a spare filter / oil aside for this (that will effectively be replaced)?

I recommend using a non-Amsoil filter when flushing because it will not clog up while it removes contaminates and will be cheaper. Amsoil's filters will remove much finer and smaller particles and are very important to achieve cost effective benefits from the superior lubricant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back