Results from ARX and Amsoil on tranny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, After about 2000 miles of ARX on the tranny I finally got a chance to change my fluid.

Well, I must say that it certainly cleaned something! I had to drop my pan before I ever used ARX, so I got to see the color of the ATF before treatment. After treatment the fluid looked red on the dipstick. Once I started draining it my heat skipped a beat! It was about as dark as maroon! The crap in there was phenomenol!

Anyway, while I was at it I installed a shift kit as well. The shift kit only affects the shifts between gears. Well, after putting the Amsoil in (which is EXTREMELY difficult when trying to pour a 2 1/2 gallon container into a funnel that goes into a near horizontal filler tube) the changes were dramatic!

Yes the shift kit made the shifts firmer etc but the kit has no effect on the lockup or the grip of the clutches. Before there was a slip "felt" when standing on the pedal. And, when going certain speeds it didn't know if it wanted to lockup or not. Now, it locks easily and stays locked and there's no more lag when hitting the gas.

I'd say it works great! Now I have to wait and see if it's increased the efficiency any or not. Have a 3000 mile trip soon so we'll see!

Mikie

Sorry, I keep forgetting that.

It's a 2000 Ford Excursion, 6.8L V-10, 4R100 Auto OD tranny, 4.30 gears, 4X4, heavy duty towing and cooling package.

Did ARX on the engine, installed an Oil Guard bypass filter, poured 9 quarts of Amsoil 5W-30ASL into it (needed that much with the added capacity)and love the way it runs now. Better mileage too.

ARX'd the tranny and transfer case as well.

Was that enough info?
grin.gif

Mikie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back