Durable Brake pad & rotors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of driving do you do ?
Commuting, racing, courier/delivery service ??

For my customer's with regular driving I've been using either Akebono ProACT Ceramic, or Centric Posi-Quiet Ceramic pads. (Got 60-70k miles for normal highway commutes with these pads) For rotors,I've been using a local house brand from Autopart International. However I don't believe they have any locations in Canada.
I've had very good luck with Beck Arnley premium rotors. Very good quality, similar to OEM. Also don't rule out Hyundai OEM rotors. Their parts tend to be reasonably priced in the US, and they seem to be good quality. I've also heard good things about Centric rotors, but I haven't used them yet.
AVOID Raybestos rotors, I've had 3 sets warp on me in the last couple of years.
Check out Rockauto.com they have good prices. Not sure about shipping to Canada though. What brands do you have locally ?

Lets say I'm a spirited driver, not affraide to accelerate and hit the brakes on a quick stop. I had a set of rotor it was nascar thing on the box. I would like to try napa or maybe monroe would maybe be a good choise too.

Originally Posted By: JustinC25

First I ever heard anything bad about Raybestos. I've had nothing but great experiences with their pads and rotors.

Check out this online place called AutohausAZ , I have used them before and they have some really good deals on parts. they do not necessarily carry very much for some cars but they have very good prices on some really nice items. They have Brembo Brake rotors for your car for just under $55 USD each. They also have PBR rotors which I have used in the past with no problems for about $30 USD. I am not affiliated with that place or anything just a happy customer so I would recommend them. Looks like they ship international as well so that would not be an issue as long as the shipping rates were reasonable to you. Their website is AutohausAZ dot com . Not sure if I am allowed to type out the actual website here so not looking to ruffle any feathers.

In the US, a lot of brake parts from NAPA will be Chinese. That even includes the expensive pads, so I would avoid them.

I haven't personally used Akebono ProACT, but I've read lots of good things. They're made in the USA.

I installed Bendix CT-3 pads last year and I've been happy with them. They're made in the US or Canada.

I went with Raybestos rotors and 20k miles later they're still performing fine. They're made in China.

You may also want to check out Auto 7 brand rotors. They are made in Korea.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMBoy

First I ever heard anything bad about Raybestos. I've had nothing but great experiences with their pads and rotors.

There old stock of US and Canadian made rotors were excellent.
There chinese line of "Professional Grade, and Advanced Technology" are the problem rotors. Their pads have gone down hill too. It's too bad, because they use to make great brake products. The last time I used their pads, they looked very cheaply made, and were made in India. No more Raybestos brake stuff for me.
I'm currently running the Akebono ProACT Ceramics on all 4 corners of my Outback.
My Old Camry (My Cousin is driving it now) is running
Centric Posi-Quiet Ceramics. Both cars are using the Autopart International rotors, and no problems, pulsations, or brake dust. The Centric pads feel like a typical OEM pad, clean quiet and effective. Decent bite without feeling grabby. The Akebono's have a bit more bite without feeling harsh.
I too am a spirited driver and LOVE these pads.

I just had some Thermoquiet pads and Wagner Premium Rotors put on my car a couple weeks ago and I love them so far and they do make a considerable difference to whatever pads I had before. I'm pretty sure they will last quite a while depending your driving and how hard you stop and what not. I know mine will last for a while because I brake very easy and not hard at all.

Check out your local parts stores and look at the Best or maybe second best pads.
In other words, get good ones.
Compare the friction ratings [on the side of the pad or box].
FF of EF grabs better than EE.

I been using the OE ceramic Akebonos pads on the Camry. Never had longer lasting brake pads in a car. Mostly city too.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
But OEM aftermarket [even at the dealer] is not always OEM original!

In the case of Nissan, and Mazda "Value line".
But, Hyundai only offers one line of parts to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited:
Check out your local parts stores and look at the Best or maybe second best pads.
In other words, get good ones.
Compare the friction ratings [on the side of the pad or box].
FF of EF grabs better than EE.
i will take note of that, thanks!

You can always get the OE parts that came on the car. You just got to get the right part number for OES to make sure it's not the value line or aftermarket line. The dealer (or online parts store) may carry both but they have to have the OES parts as they are the ones they use for warranty work.

again
But OEM aftermarket [even at the dealer] is not always OEM original!

In the case of Nissan, and Mazda "Value line".
But, Hyundai only offers one line of parts to the best of my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back