Auto-Rx'ed two of my vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couple of weeks ago I bought two bottles of Auto-RX. I dropped one bottle in my '99 Crown Vic (ex. police car) and the other in my '95 Town Car (with filter changes of course).

Yesterday I drained the oil on the Crown Vic. The Auto-RX was in there for just about 700 miles. The oil was black. I did a complete oil change when I put the Auto-Rx in this car. I ran the oil for about 1500 miles and then I added the Auto-RX and new filter and drove and additional 700 miles. Usually the oil would be fairly clean in color with about 2K miles on it. The filter was noticably heavier than usual after I drained out the oil. I didn't cut it open.

I refilled with Chevron 10W30 (I've been using this since I purchased the car) and a Walmart ST-2.

I don't notice any difference in the way the car runs but I do believe the Auto-RX works as advertised. It definitely cleaned something based on the color of the oil and the weight of the filter. I'm going to dump this fill in 2500 miles and then start doing 5000 mile drain intervals with the Chevron.

Thank you for your comments re: Auto-Rx look for performance gains after next oil change (Auto-Rx still working) look at color of oil dip stick is it dirty ,discolored, like new ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back