oil filter for 4x4 s10 blazer

Status
Not open for further replies.
what oil filter would be best for my 97 4 wheel drive chevy blazer, it has the 4.3 in it, has 160000 miles on it, i usually do 4000 mile oci using GTX 10w40. the filter on these are mounted up front and have oil lines feeding them and the are horizontal so im guessing ill need one with an anti drain back valve. what you guys think i should run?

About any filter will go 4000 miles these days. Best bang for the buck would be a Purolator Classic IMO ($3.27 at Walmart). For a few bucks more could step up a notch to a PureOne.

Dude, it's a Blazer with a 4.3L NA engine and you're changing the oil and filter every 4k miles. These trucks have their typical problems (what vehicle doesn't) but the actual engines are rock solid. Any name brand filter should be fine. Keep the oil full and keep an eye out for leaks at remoting adapter gasket/hoses.

Our little 1996 S10 Blazer shop truck went 290K on Pep Boys Proline oil and filters. Ran great and didn't use any noticible amount of oil between it's 6k+ oci.

Boss sold it because the rest of the truck was falling apart but the engine was fine..........I still see it around town ocasionally.

I have a 99 Blazer, with 195,000 miles. I've been running Purolators on it forever. Like yonyon said, these 4.3's are built like a brick [censored]. I've had a number of problems with it over the years, but never the engine. It still uses no oil between OCI's.

Depends on the version of the 4.3. During certain years, intake manifold gasket failures and fuel injector problems were common.

Had a 4.3 for 12 years and I still miss it, great engine. I used Frams for years without issue, now I'd pick a Puro Classic or AC for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back