My Auto RX observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been driving my 97 Mazda Protege for two weeks since finishing the Auto Rx treatment. It is a 5 speed eqippped with a modest 92 hp 1.5 liter engine with 107k miles. For the first few years the fuel economy averaged about 34-35 mpg in mixed driving. The fuel economy gradually diminished to the 31-32 mpg range over the years. The switchover to synthetic lubricants at about 70k miles did not effect fuel efficiency. I am happy to report that fuel economy for the last two tankfuls has been restored to the 34 mpg range. In addition, I've noticed an increase in power. There is a stretch of highway on I-80 in NJ that has a few upgrades. Signs are posted to alert motorists to maintain speed. In recent years, to keep up with traffic in the left two lanes, I'd have to grudgingly downshift to fourth gear. I recently travelled this stretch of highway with the AC on and the car easily handled 75 mph in 5th gear and it had enough ooomph to hit 80 I believe. This was the first time in many years that the car was not begging for a downshift on this stretch of highway. Finally, the car appears to idle better and also sounds quiter at high rpm's. Overall, I'd say the product lives up to the hype and I have recommended it to others.

Thank You For Your Post. Others who might follow this thread should know application formulas were configured to work in areas that Auto-Rx ( a metal cleaner ) would be most effective. Auto-Rx contrary to some, is not an additive as it does not change chemistry of oil or oil additive package. Nothing at all will happen if you use to much Auto-Rx or not enough except results will differ or we have to make a course correction in your application to get results we guarantee. Auto-Rx is in suspension in your oil (not part of it). It's easier just to follow the application instructions on the web, which you obviously did. Your results show that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back