Chevron 10w-30 / 7,563mi / '00 Bonneville SSEi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil brand is Chevron Supreme 10w-30 dino, SM rated. My comment to Blackstone was that this was a "run-of-the-mill" OCI.

85% highway / 15% city driving. The engine is fairly modified and sees a lot of spirited driving. Used a "Made in Germany" Bosch filter, standard size for this application. Other than that, nothing worth noting about this interval.

Going back, previous oils used (shown on Blackstone report), in order were Motorcraft CJ rated 10w-30, then Citgo Syn-Blend SN rated 5w-30, first shown on report was Trop-Artic 10w-30 SM.

newyk.png

It is hard to tell with all the brand, ISLAC, and API spec jumping you have done. If you refilled with Chevron again I bet you could safely go 9K if you do not change your driving habits. I would just go to 8.5K and retest it looks like the 8-9K range on "conventional" 10W-30 is your sweet spot for engine and driving combo.

I agree, 9k looks very possible from this report.

Mostly highway driving and short OCIs time wise (every 3 months) is what's keeping this lube alive.

Looks like your yearly mileage is about 24k miles, I would do 8-9k or 4 months OCI whichever is first.

Your driving is very easy on oil, also Chevron is a good conventional oil and can bought from Costco with coupon for less than $3/qt.

It's a universal K&N cone filter, 4 x 9". It's probably been on there 30k or so, probably due for a cleaning any time now. Filter is stuffed inside the drivers side fender where it can draw in cold air, nice to see that location isn't picking up any extra dirt and debris...

WOW!! That's not what I was expecting you to say. I was expecting you to say Brand X paper filter was used. K&N filters have a reputation on this board for causing high silicon levels in UOA reports. Your UOA report showing a silicon level of 5 after over 7500 miles with your K&N filter is unprecedented. I'm totally shocked. I have been checking this thread several times a day waiting for your reply. Thanks for replying back.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
WOW!! That's not what I was expecting you to say. I was expecting you to say Brand X paper filter was used. K&N filters have a reputation on this board for causing high silicon levels in UOA reports. Your UOA report showing a silicon level of 5 after over 7500 miles with your K&N filter is unprecedented. I'm totally shocked. I have been checking this thread several times a day waiting for your reply. Thanks for replying back.
cheers3.gif

K&N air filters are great if you know how to clean and oil them correctly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back