Quaker State 'Defy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to beat your war drums loudly proclaiming to the world higher ZDDP for older vehicles, I expect more than "a pinch". In today's world I seldom expect a new product to live up to its over-hyped marketing, but this is beyond disappointing if accurate.

I appreciate they kept the price low, but now we can see why.

WHERE'S THE BEEF???

did 2 week fill ( around 50 miles on fresh QS oil with seafoam ) oil came out dark as night,drain and refill it with qs defy, the mustang run much smoother, and I note the deep rumble muscle sound tone out off my flowmaster sound more noteable.
My jeep 4.0L seem to run a little quiet due to high zinc on this oil. as the bottle say, it have high enought zinc without hurt the emmission or cat. so I feel safe to switch to every of my car with this oil.

Last edited:
I tried many an oil to slow down consumption on my '05 Silverado 5.3L(1 qt per 1500 to 1800 miles). On Johnny's recommendation I switched to QSHM 10w-30 and consumption slowed to 1 qt every 3500-4000 miles. I hope Defy works the same as I am super pleased with QSHM
11.gif

Last edited:
Moly 120ppm
Boron 130 ppm
Ca 2200-2,800
ZDP 900/1000
Tbn 8

Nice additive system in this >50% Syn Blend. The numbers above are from recent UOA/VOA figures. They are approximations.

Originally Posted By: buster

Nice additive system in this >50% Syn Blend.

Sorry I missed reading a few pages of this thread. The Defy is greater than 50% syn blend. Was this advertised by QS?

Originally Posted By: BR549
I tried many an oil to slow down consumption on my '05 Silverado 5.3L(1 qt per 1500 to 1800 miles). On Johnny's recommendation I switched to QSHM 10w-30 and consumption slowed to 1 qt every 3500-4000 miles. I hope Defy works the same as I am super pleased with QSHM
11.gif

I think your truck having AFM, AFM = oil comsumption, get a tunner and turn that [censored] off
smile.gif
. gm say 1 quart every 2000 miles is normal.

Originally Posted By: buster
No but if you call their tech support they will tell you. 50% Grp III.

Thanks. If it is 50% Group III then its a great value IMO at less than $15 per 5.1 qts. It seems like with the info we have on it now, it would certainly be one of the best "cheap" oils to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back