Eneos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows about this oil? I have just recently started seeing it, but cannot find much info. What I have read says it is excellent. Any thought or opinions? Thanks for any possible input!

Not sure you need it in a Raider. Ive heard some basic handwaving arguments too that it is good stuff, but better than domestic oils? ehh.

For the raide Id put Rotella 10w-30 in it and be done. Great oil for the long run.

JHZR2,

First, I was just seeing how many posts you have; 22,000 something! Wow! Anyhow, I want to put something good in since I do the short trips, and there is not much time to warm up the oil. I do this like 4 times a day for 7 miles down the road. So, it was just something I was looking into...

Thank you for your reply

Originally Posted By: Since1941
JHZR2,

First, I was just seeing how many posts you have; 22,000 something! Wow! Anyhow, I want to put something good in since I do the short trips, and there is not much time to warm up the oil. I do this like 4 times a day for 7 miles down the road. So, it was just something I was looking into...

Thank you for your reply

I just read your in hawaii. You should be able to find diesel oil up there easier than most other oils. And cheaper too. I dont think even over there you will be able too burn off all the fuel in the oil with those short trips.

Diesel oil might be a good friend with shorter changes and a lower price. JMO

I think his reccomendation for the dual rated oil is that is has great add packs in it to keep acids at bay and it provides great protection in anything from huge diesels to high performance motorcycles. So it should provide great protection at a very minimal cost. And you can find it anywhere.

I get good deals on delo 400 and other chevron products so i would use that in my case. But a good quality dual rated oil should be great for your car.

Last edited:
I don't doubt it's good oil. However, one has to look at what one needs versus the costs. Eneos oil tends to be SN/GF-5 without a bunch of European specifications. So, it really doesn't offer better certifications than Pennzoil Platinum, vanilla Syntec or M1, or Valvoline synthetic. So, if it's priced similarly, great.

Where Eneos shines is their drivetrain fluids, since they make a lot of tranny fluids and so forth for Japanese cars that may not be readily available from other companies.

ENEOS, the main house brand of the Nippon Oil Company makes some fine oils and some leading edge oils under their premium Sustina brand, in particular their 0W-20 and 0W-50 grades.

If you were thinking of the ENEOS 5W-30 for your 24 year old Dodge it's a good synthetic oil. I don't think that particular grade offers much over other premium 5W-30s like M1 and PP, but if the price were right I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

CATERHAM,

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking either 10w40, or 5w30 for the Raider. Right now at Napa they have it for 7.00 a quart. Not sure if this is a good deal for this oil...

I was thinking either 10w40, or 5w30 for the Raider.

If I'm not mistaken the specified oil grade for the Raider back in the day was a 5W/10W-30 mineral oil.
I wouldn't consider anything heavier than a 5W-30 synthetic for it.

The JHZR2's suggestion of a HDEO is for the higher ZDDP content.
I don't know what engine's in the Raider but higher levels of ZDDP my not be necessary. Do some research to see if it is and if so I'd recommend increasing the ZDDP level with a product like the following:
http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=121&pcid=1
One bottle is good for many oil changes.

CATERHAM,

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking either 10w40, or 5w30 for the Raider. Right now at Napa they have it for 7.00 a quart. Not sure if this is a good deal for this oil...

That is for the regular Eneos, NOT the Sustina (still a pretty good oil though).

NAPA cannot get the Sustina, at ANY cost as of right now.
frown.gif
(I've tried!)

Funny, I just got off the phone with Eneos. Excellent service, and their oils seem to be pretty top notch. They work hand in hand with all Japanese auto manufacturers to make sure the oil works with the vehicles. He also said they bought out Mitsubishi oil in 1999. He stated that Sustina is mail order only in the US until they decide to bring it here to local stores. sustina.us is the site, and he said 5w30 runs 11.50 a quart.

Funny, I just got off the phone with Eneos. Excellent service, and their oils seem to be pretty top notch. They work hand in hand with all Japanese auto manufacturers to make sure the oil works with the vehicles. He also said they bought out Mitsubishi oil in 1999. He stated that Sustina is mail order only in the US until they decide to bring it here to local stores. sustina.us is the site, and he said 5w30 runs 11.50 a quart.

Sustina's OW-20, and 0W-50 though are the REAL stars of that line with their sky-high viscosity indexes, great add packs, and Group 3+/GTL(?) basestocks, and justify their 'boutique' price points.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back