Budget minded upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello new to Bob's. so I recently purchased the 99 4runner its pretty mint with only 98k on it. timing belt has been done. Tranny flush with new filter, new spark plugs and cleaned the intake and TB. I would like to do all of my Oils minus the Trans. I have used Amsoil, Redline or Rotella in my past with my Dodge/Diesel but its been like 11 years since I personally drove a gasser. so help me pick the best Fluid for diffs,transfer,and engine oil. I would like to be budget minded this is a Daily driver. Im still trying to figure out this forum and using the search tool with more narrowed results. again thanks
Justinj

I wish I could help on the fluids... I did use a list of diff. Fluids found here to change out my rear diff with Motul gear 300.

For searching, the best results are straight from google:

search terms site:www.bobistheoilguy.com

Just sub in your search For search terms.

OK - First: Thank you for serving your country in the world's finest organization: the United States Marine Corps!
34.gif

Next: Welcome to BITOG!
welcome2.gif

As far as the truck - great choice. The OM will list the specs for this truck - as long as you follow specs, you'll be fine. I've been running M1 gear oil, whatever 10W30, 5W30 or 10W40 (specified viscosities depending on temperature) synthetic engine oil I can buy on sale, Maxlife, Castrol and others in the trans...232,000 miles and no worries (other than the oil leak from the RMS)...I've only bought fluids that meet the specs in the OM...of course, in the case of my truck, those specs are so out of date it almost doesn't matter any more...

Cheers,
Astro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back