Rotella T6 5w40 - 6173 Miles - 2011 Subaru WRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I'd post this to get some thoughts/feedback.

Air Filter: OEM - Unchanged with 29,563 miles on it. I changed it on this oil change.
Oil Filter: Bosch Distance Plus

This was the 3rd run of Rotella T6 with Bosch Distance Plus oil filters and the 6th overall oil change.

The first 3 were Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 with Bosch Premium oil filters. This was also the oil listed for the first UOA on the report below.

85% Highway / 15% City

img2bv.jpg

Great report, but yes the change in previous report to this one is somewhat confusing?

I would cap this OCI right here with this combo. 6,000 miles. 7,500 miles as your max head-room at current conditions, as you said mostly highway miles so more short trips could even mean less mileage.

EDIT: I see now your previous thread was indeed for Ultra.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
great oil + great filter = great UOA!

check out the insolubles @ 0.1 -- nice

+1
thumbsup2.gif

Well, SoA allows 7,500 miles on any API SM/SN 5W-30 so I wouldn't be afraid to push it that far with RT6. Nice report

-Dennis

Originally Posted By: bluesubie
Well, SoA allows 7,500 miles on any API SM/SN 5W-30 so I wouldn't be afraid to push it that far with RT6. Nice report

-Dennis

I thought that didn't apply to turbo engines.

It didn't until they changed the recommendations for 2011. Now 7,500 mile OCIs are recommended for the turbo cars, though you must use synthetic oil.

Thanks for the feedback!

That is correct. 2011 models require synthetic and allow for 7,500 mile oci.

I'll probably keep this oil + filter combination and cap it at 6,000ish miles like I've been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back