where to get riding shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning to start riding again and i want to buy a pair of shoes for riding.I don't want cycling shoes,i want something that can be worn around the house,errands,etc.Nothing fancy.Dual-purpose.Thanks

I don't really understand.

Are you looking for shoes for use with clipless bike pedals? The type that require cleats and special pedals?

Or, are you just looking for a sneaker for bike riding? A shoe without the connection points for cleats, but it's still aimed at bike riders? I don't really know if this exists. It may, but I haven't seen it.

Last edited:
Bike shoes should have a very firm bottom for good power transfer. Road shows are worthless for even walking, MTB shoes can be ok. I think mine are diadora jalapeño. Wouldn't drive in them though.

You want a MTB shoe that has the attachment for the clipless pedals, and some real tread. I have a pair of those shoes for my road bike, and really like them.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
More of a sneaker.

If you're using normal (non-clipless) pedals, get a pair of Vans. The sticky bottom actually helps, a lot. There's a reason all of the BMX and downhill guys use skate shoes.

Super stiff soles are great when you have a small-platform clipless pedal. For just riding around though, a big pedal and a pair of sticky shoes works really well.

Originally Posted By: JOD
Originally Posted By: daves66nova
More of a sneaker.

If you're using normal (non-clipless) pedals, get a pair of Vans. The sticky bottom actually helps, a lot. There's a reason all of the BMX and downhill guys use skate shoes.

Super stiff soles are great when you have a small-platform clipless pedal. For just riding around though, a big pedal and a pair of sticky shoes works really well.

agree. on my road bike, I have shimano clipless and shimano carbon soled shoes, but when I'm on my townie bike, my new balances are fine! the sole is a little stiffer than a skate shoe.

I spin two or three times a week and wear these

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11698003&010=SKU-12763235&003=4239056&camp=CSE:GoogleBase:11698003

pDSP1-10445334p275w.jpg

You can walk around in them, they are light, breathable, but still firm enough to transmit power to the pedal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back