Collinite 845, how long to wait between coats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can not possibly compare paint with waxes and sealants - paint will leave a coating mm's thick where as waxes are microns.

Once a wax/sealant has cured it becomes very hard on the surface - a wax with zero cleaning ability (845) will not remove the cured wax it will layer on top of it.

2,3,4 so called coats of wax is useless - I think many professionals/ company's will not agree with this statement.

There was Not one reply of comparison ,IT was a example of you cannot put coate's of wax and think it is going to stack at a thickness for protection (put 10-20 for all that matter's do 100 coate's of wax in one area and scrape it and see what you remove

Paint was mentioned as a EXAMPLE that you the more you apply and it will coate (add thickness)

Your quote --Once a wax/sealant has cured it becomes very hard on the surface - true but you just can't keep adding to it and make 1/4 thick steel out out wax or sealer

Wax layering does indeed exist and many of us do just that. The law of diminishing returns determines when to stop.

Two coats is probably the stopping point, based on my experience. This allows greater probability for closer to 100% coverage as well as layering benefits.

Manufacturers will of course encourage layering multiple coats of their product -- so you use/buy more. I have never had an issue with just 1 coat of anything. I have layered IW845 on top of DG105 for a nice winter combo. However, I have never layered the same product. Reason: I'm typically too tired, don't see the benefit, I have other products to try/use a few months later, etc. If I had nothing else to do, and endless energy, I might do it. But yeah -- to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back