Vinylex reviews? Anyone use it?

Only silicone based dressings will cause cracking and fading overtime. The vast majority (including newer Amorall) are water based. This can be different for tire shines but any good OTC dash dressing will not cause cracking or fading. [/quote]

What about silicon for weather strip protection and conditioning? I have read it is good for rubber seals? [/quote]

Silicone is great for moisturizing rubber seals but it is the water repellant that causes rubber seals to crack and fade in this case. If you are going to use it I would spray it on a towel and apply. That way these is only a small amount being applied versus spraying directly on the seals. I would try 303 on rubber seals as it it will moisturize better then silicone based lubricants and it wont dry them out over time. I apply a light coating every few months and they look great. 303 is perfect for just about everything in your car except for glass and carpet haha [/quote]

What do you think about Vinylex compaired to 303? [/quote]

a great product but I dont care for the shine. It isnt bad but I like a much more muted look. Closer to factory

Think Vinylex really replaces plasticizers in old brittle plastice and makes them strong arain? Think 303 does too?

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Think Vinylex really replaces plasticizers in old brittle plastice and makes them strong arain? Think 303 does too?

No, it will help old rubber but there is no way to make them strong again. You are better off replacing them if they are getting weak.

If you want a clean interior with a matte finish, I have found that nothing (so far) beats P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner @ $14/gal. It is a strong cleaner, yet leaves a fantastic matte finish.

I've used both Vinylex and Meguiar's plastic/rubber spray -- it used to be called "Clean, Shine & Protect," but has a new name now -- in the black bottle. Both leave a much more matte sheen than I've seen with ArmorAll. The Meguiar's is a little thicker; the Vinylex seems to flow more like water.

(I recall getting in a car for a test drive some years ago. The dealer had treated everything, including the steering wheel, with the old ArmorAll goose grease. I told the salesman "No Vitalis for my hair" and got out. I doubt he knew what I meant.)

Vitalis haha. I am more of a groom and clean guy myself haha.

I say use Vinylex, 303 or Meguairs Quick interior detailer. I listed them from satin to no shine. I use Megs and 303 and have had great results with both. Lately I have been leaning towards Megs because I like the factory look and it leaves a pleasant sent (nice for a date night where you want you car looking and smelling nice

Too shiny but will use on tires.
I use 303 on interior. Only downside of 303 is it smells a little funny sometimes.

Vinylex works great on the plastic covers and molding in the engine bay, not the rubber molding, but the plastic covers and dust shields.
I spray it on a cold engine and wipe off residue (if any) the next morning. Works great.
Only store I find it is Ace Hardware, of all places.

Really like how Vinylex works, the shine seems to calm down to a nice clean look after several days. An interesting use for me is on an old 12v cummins drive belt that was so noisy...just a little on the tooth side and the belt is looking good without a shine just a good new rubber feel and almost no noise now I must admit gummiplegestift is great on weather stripping!

In addition to tires and plastic trim, Vinylex is amazing for cleaning an engine bay. Just mist everything, let is sit for a couple of hours to soak into the rubber and plastics and work on the grease, then come back and mist it again and start wiping everything with terry cloth towels. The engine bay will look like new. 30 mins of effort with Vinylex in the engine bay has made me a lot more money when selling my used cars, and also impresses big time at car events.

For tires, do the same thing: Spray it all over the tire at the end of your driving day to let it soak in, then spray it again the next day and wipe any excess from the rims. If the rims are dirty, just spray the whole rim along with the tire and wipe off the dirt with a microfiber.

It really is a cleaner and conditioner in one. And darn, people are starting to learn about it because it's getting hard to find for a good price. Used to be able to buy on Amazon all day for less than $10, now it's double that on Amazon and Walmart online.

Update, I just found Vinylex on sale at Pep Boys for pickup only for $5/bottle. I just purchased 12 bottles because that's an insanely good price.

Last edited:
Back