Best thing to use to clean a vinyl seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irv

I did use a Magic Eraser before but now this thread has me concerned?
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2359705#Post2359705

Just wondering what other cleaners would work on cleaning deep rooted dirt/stains on my seat but not potentially cause any damage?

I also use Meguiar's Marine Vinyl cleaner/protectant mainly to protect after it has been cleaned, is that a good choice or are there better choices out there?
(this is for a snowmobile seat)

Last edited:
Vinyl's quite a bit easier to clean, so soap+water is probably easiest (certainly cheapest).

For other applications, Ibiz Sheen is the absolute best I've used.
Coke/coffee stain carpet on used car to pen mark on Lexus leather.

Had a '78 Buick Skylark. It was a fire-engine red two-door with WHITE VINYL seats and red interior. It was a beautiful car.

I used Dow Bathroom Cleaner to clean those white vinyl seats. Yes, the "scrubbing bubbles" stuff.

I never found anything that was better or easier. Spray on, wait 30 seconds, wipe off with a white towel. Plus, it left a nice scent.

I've used WD-40 for sticky stains or anything stubborn. Dissolves them easily. For spot cleaning, not general wiping. After, clean off the WD-40 with mild soap and water.

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
Soap and water.

+1. Or Murphy's oil and water. 303 makes a great cleaner you can use too. Then you can top it with their aerospace proctecant and it will look great for years to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back