Lube Control in tranny

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

What does adding Lube Control to your transmission fluid actually do? Does it clean or stabilize the fluid? I didn't see anything in the liturature that came with it that says either way or that you have to change the fluid after running the LC for awhile.

I added 1 oz a while back to the 4L60E in my 98 chevy truck and cannot tell any difference in shifting. The dosage is supposedly 1 oz every 10,000 miles. Thanks for any info.

Wayne

Lube control does stabilize the fluid in terms of slowing the oxidation. It will also do some minor cleaning in that dose.

In addition, it will condition seals. Hydraulic systems that previously leaked were cured when Lube Control was added; automatic transmissions (and Power steering units) are small-scale hydraulic systems.

I use Lube Control to condition seals in wood splitters that I design and develop.

Long-term cleaning and seal conditioning can also be efected by Auto-RX.

Both products are good seal conditioning fluids.

I'm interested in the seal conditioning
smile.gif
What is the minimum amount of LC needed for hydraulic systems especially when added to tractor hydraulics.

[ May 03, 2003, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: RB Shannon ]

pat.gif
Would Neutra also have a similar effect on hydraulic seals in comparison to LC ?
offtopic.gif
It would be neat if you could post photos of your log splitters
smile.gif

Guys,
Thanks for the feedback.

Molakule,
Is the 1oz dose every 10,000 miles the correct dosage or should I use more?

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back