android or iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have to ask you probably want an Iphone. I've had two, my wife has one.

When you are ready to put in more effort for more return a high end Android will run circles around an IPhone. But also at the low end you can probably pick up a cheap android phone too.

I'd spring for Android 4.0 if you can, supposedly much more polished interface.

My wife has an iPhone and I have a Motorola Atrix 4G. Setting aside the differences in hardware between the one model of iPhone and the dozens of models of phones that run Android, I prefer Android by a long, long, way.

Originally Posted By: yeti
which has the better "phone" aspect, i.e. call and voice quality, and dropped calls ? thank you.

I have had both and they both drop calls in the same location in my area (certainly tower related). I do not believe that either of them dropped calls any more or less for me and the voice quality/sound is good on both but obviously different locations can/will experience different conditions.

I found reception equal however you can't compare Android since they make so many variants likely from awful to superior. Apple you get what you get and don't get upset.

The thing that annoys me most on Apple, it does not hit pause sound in applications when a bluetooth call comes in or goes out. Why??? Not sure if its my particular car but it worked wonderfully with a Droid Incredible on all apps that had pause.

My guess is iOS does not allow.

Stupid.

Also: if you are half-way interested in the iPhone, check out what's going on at WWDC right now (literally, RIGHT NOW). iOS 6 will debut soon (no release date yet, but generally within weeks) and there are some bigtime improvements. One of the most significant ones in my opinion is Apple is no longer relying on Google's map products and offers a new Apple map application, which includes 3D mapping and turn-by-turn navigation with traffic, etc.

Taking the Apple vs. Google thing out of the equation, it's incredible to watch these two companies try to one-up the other one. In the end, the consumer wins, regardless of the type of platform chosen.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
The thing that annoys me most on Apple, it does not hit pause sound in applications when a bluetooth call comes in or goes out. Why??? Not sure if its my particular car but it worked wonderfully with a Droid Incredible on all apps that had pause.

My guess is iOS does not allow.

Stupid.

No idea what you are talking about, as sound on everything turns down to silent when something else occurs. Does it in a pretty graceful way. Works perfect for me. Maybe it is what app you were using? I know it even works on games.

Yes its definitely interesting watching the two companies at war. The innovation is great but the courtroom battles are not so good because they are attempting to gain monopoly pricing power over even trivial "innovations." It is as if car manufacturers were trying to claim IP over car radios, cupholders, and gloveboxes....ridiculous. Hopefully, patent law evolves to prevent the frivolous suits.

Go for the iphone I have had every iPhone since they came out 8 years ago. Not only am I pleased with ATT but been very happy with the support, apps, and all around ease of use then any other phone. No wonder why more business professionals use the iPhone than any other phone. More standardization than any other platform. Even blew crack berry out of the water sometime ago. There is even more accessories for the iPhone and apple products than any other phone. Besides Android is only around for people who are two cheap to buy/afford a real phone. Everyone I know drools over an iPhone but use the excuse its too expensive but you can go out and a iPhone 4 for 99 dollars I find that quite reasonable.

Originally Posted By: 2008wrx
the only thing i hate about iphone is --- if you dropped it, toasted!

Yeah but don't forget it is a "real phone" so don't be cheap because you will drool all over it!

Other than that play around with the phones at the store. They are activated so have her call you from one of those demo phones and see how is the sound quality, feel, etc.

which has the better "phone" aspect, i.e. call and voice quality, and dropped calls ? thank you.

That'd depend entirely on the carrier and which Android phone you're talking about. I've noticed no difference between my wife's iPhone and my Atrix Android phone. We're both on Bell Mobility.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more

That'd depend entirely on the carrier and which Android phone you're talking about. I've noticed no difference between my wife's iPhone and my Atrix Android phone. We're both on Bell Mobility.

Assuming that the 2 phones (Android and iPhone) use the same baseband chipset and network, there should be very little call and voice quality difference.

That's it. I am starting a "Chevy or Ford" thread.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back