Auto-RX - Fanning Naturalube 1006?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing some more reading for my 152,000 kms 2000 SL2 (thinking it might be worth trying to free up the rings before they get stuck for good) and read through patent 6,544,349.

click here
It appears Auto-RX is manufactured by Fanning Corporation and sold under their product name Naturalube 1006.

http://www.fanncorp.com/ind_list.htm

Does Fanning own Auto-RX? Did Frank start up a separate company to sell the product as Auto-RX (He is on the inventors list)? What's the scoop? Does Fanning only sell large/small quantities directly?

The product's patent reads quite well and everyone here seems to like it so I'm leaning towards trying it. The biggest problem for me is the price ($24.95 USD = ~$39 Canadian). The next problem is there doesn't seem to be a Canadian distributor.

Steve

edited for long URL (makes small screens go funny)

[ April 28, 2003, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Thank you for taking time to read our patent (Auto-Rx and Fanning Corporation are joint holders of the patent). This U.S. Government patent is an "Application Patent". All due diligence concerning application were conducted by Auto-Rx and submitted by Auto-Rx to the Patent Office. Fanning Corporation manufactures 1006 which is the base product of Auto-Rx (natural occuring esters) which are then blended and bottled under Auto-Rx formulation (trade secret) at Haviland Enterprises.

Auto-Rx is not owned by or in partnership with Fanning Corporation (we share a patent). 1006 in itself is the base stock.

There is no Canadian distributor which is odd, as we have distributors in Australia and the U.K. I would welcome an inquiry from anyone in Canada who wishes to be a distributor.

Canada is not the only country where currency exchanges drive price for products up, however, shipping to Canada by USPS or Fed Express is less than you might think. The different applications that Auto-Rx does seems to not be clear so I hope they can be included on this post. It makes the price per bottle not quite the obstacle it is reported to be.

Auto-Rx is a non-solvent, non-hazardous metal cleaner and seal refurbishing chemistry. It works in engines, transmissions, differentials, power steering, any machinery that uses oil to lubricate. Auto-Rx works on ratios; they are different for each application. Transmissions call for 6 ozs. of Auto-Rx - a 1 time application. Drive it for 1000 - 1500 miles, drain it and refill with transmission fluid of your choice. Transmission fluid base oil stock is hydraulic oil with a viscosity ISO 68. Engine oils are many different viscosities. Engines are built-in carbon makers by their very design and therefore need repeated treatments of Auto-Rx depending on mileage. An engine is an air pump - air in, air out. A transmission is a sealed unit made up of seals and clutch packs and does not manufacture carbon, they just get dirty; one treatment suffices, no more, no less! You need no additional additives and you need no second treatment of Auto-Rx in your transmission, just transmission fluid of your choice.

auto-rx has been reducing my oil consumption. Noticible after my first 500 mile interval, moreso after the second interval at 750miles. I've had my third interval of it in there for 1500 miles and it gets better every day!

--Matt

Thanks for the quick feedback.

I have a few application questions for my 2000 SL2 (bought in June 2000). The car is driven very hard, including track time and lots of heavy (for a light car) trailer towing. It now has 153,000 kms on it. If you wish you can skim through the following post for more information (it's long - 2 pages):

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002008

The engine runs perfectly, but has just started to use a little oil. It is sometimes at the add mark after 3000 miles if I run a 5w30. 10w30 doesn't require a top up.

I've done a lot of reading on these engines and sticking rings are definitely a problem with them. No-one I've talked to or read about has had success freeing up badly stuck rings without pulling the motor apart (some even tried Auto-RX).

Mine isn't showing major problems yet (and doesn't appear to have sludge problems yet - oil cap and running my finger inside the valve cover show up clean), but I'm wondering if I might have better long term success trying to clean the engine up now - before the carbon gets baked rock solid.

I'd like to keep this car for many years and would like to put on over 500,000 miles if it will survive abuse (I've put over 500,000 miles on a couple of cars so far - Dodge Diplomat w/slant six & Pont. GP w/5 liter then swapped in a 5.7 liter. Many others have worn out and failed under 150,000 miles).

What do you recommend?

Steve

[ April 28, 2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: SaturnSL2 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back