Lucas UCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Rick:
Ya but the Amsoil is very expensive and the Schaffers is hard to get.

Hard to get perhaps, but probably a lot cheaper than the others. Schaeffer Neutra in Canada is $3.16CDN per 12oz bottle, not including the shipping, so if you're going to order a case or two of oil, you might as well order a case of Neutra too.

quote:

Originally posted by Rick:
I sent an e-mail to Tracy Briggs. Does it matter between the two?

Tracey is in BC, Burkely is in Saskatchewan. Try emailing both and see which one's prices are lower.

Patman I don't get relationship between Amsoil PI and Neutra to Lucas UCL. I thought the first two were cleaners mainly but Lucas UCL mainly an upper cyl lube and a useful injector cleaner to boot! Have i got this badly wrong?

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario and I was wondering if anyone knows where to get the 1 quart bottles of Lucas UCL?

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
Patman I don't get relationship between Amsoil PI and Neutra to Lucas UCL. I thought the first two were cleaners mainly but Lucas UCL mainly an upper cyl lube and a useful injector cleaner to boot! Have i got this badly wrong?

Actually, you are incorrect. The Lucas and the Neutra, are very simular in respect to lubricity. I did some experiements on those two products shown on the effects of oil shearing video page, which show how both will neutralize acids(suphuric in this case), has lubricity, and keeps carbon from building up on the cyl's. Both have mutiple purposes other than just UCL. They clean, neutralize,lubricate, and in neutra's case, acts as a fuel stabilizer, and promotes water seperation for drain off purposes. Not only does it do that, it can be used in the motor oil as a cleaner, transmissions, gear boxes, hydraulic systems, and power steering units. I cannot tell you if Lucas can be used for all that but it does work well for what I did indicate above. Hope that helps.
Here is what the end results looked like in my one test... goto the video section and look at the complete test I did for more.
 -

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Carquest.

Although I'd recommend Schaeffer Neutra or Amsoil PI over the Lucas UCL.

Why would you recommend Neutra or Amsoil PI over Lucas UCL?

Lucas UCL recommended dose 3oz per U.S. gal. of gas.

I can get Lucas 1 U.S. Qt for $6 U.S.

Application comes out to about 6 cents per U.S. gal.

What about Neutra?

I'm not sure on the exact cost of Neutra per gallon in the US, but it might be cheaper just based on the dosage alone, as their dosage for cleanup is about one ounce per gallon, and then for regular usage most people go with one ounce per 5 to 10 gallons.

quote:

Originally posted by billman:
Lucas UCL recommended dose 3oz per U.S. gal. of gas.

I can get Lucas 1 U.S. Qt for $6 U.S.

Application comes out to about 6 cents per U.S. gal.

What about Neutra?

On the Lucas site, I read that the treatment rate is 1 oz per 3 gal. of gas (or 1 QT per 100 gal).

I go with 5 oz per 20 gal and have made up it's cost with fuel savings.

quote:

Originally posted by Chris A:

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Carquest.

Although I'd recommend Schaeffer Neutra or Amsoil PI over the Lucas UCL.

Why would you recommend Neutra or Amsoil PI over Lucas UCL?

Mostly just from things I've read on here, more people seem to have good things to say about those two products over Lucas. I could be wrong, and Bob's test seems to indicate Lucas is pretty close in quality to Neutra. Although I do believe the Lucas stuff is a lot more expensive than Neutra (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back